Heavy rain 3mins before ndp preview fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.
got a few pictures from the fireworks. was standing near Gluttons bay. however, the pics were bad due to two things - 1) front filter got wet, due to wind blown rain. pictures showing water droplets. was shooting at f13, so the droplets are really obvious. 2) fireworks were really smoky.

Bro, u can include a big black trash bag:bsmilie:
Kidding aside, last year F1 I have 2 in my bag aside from poncho and umbrella..hehe
Just dump everything inside and your equipments will be safe:bsmilie:

lesson learnt~!

thats why i always carry an umbrella and a raincoat wahahahaha

this is what's inside :
nikon d90 with 18-55 or 17-50
sb600
55-200
umbrella
first aid kit
poncho
AA batteries
enel9 battery,
memory cards
bag - Rezo 190aw

cause during last year when i shot NDP as photographer it rained too

firework blocked by IR ? i thought the IR was quite a distance from the flyer. I thought can see stamford Hotel from the marina barrage roof top when i was shooting the dragon boat race last 2 week.

i walked off right before the rain, bored, and was thinking whether it's like a burst every 5 mins..
when i reach the entrance of esplanade rain came..

wooo, still got first aid kit? for human or camera?

first aid kit sadly for humans :bsmilie:

jokes aside, you can always improvise like how cthep2 mention .

i used plastic bags to shield my camera .filter wet nevermind as long as lens still stay dry.

i forgot to mention, i also have a scotch tape in my bag for emergencies .. and one such use for it ?

tissue .. lots of it .. cover the barrel of the lens till the filter. use a plastic bag... tear a hole in the bottom then "attach" it to the barrel and tape it...

walah! cheapskate but good method to "waterproof" your camera

Any clubsnappers were there today? It was such a disappointment after camping for some time... In the end got to hide from the rain and no fireworks photo were taken

Was there from 4.30 pm. Here's all I have:
3709348787_bfcff90cd6.jpg

Rather than going home empty handed after camping there for so long, I just stand in the rain a while longer while everybody else with camera (and without) ran for cover. Other than the raindrops visible on the lens, I guessed it was worth that few seconds wait.

Plastic bag, 5D, 17-40 (weather sealed) :D

It is always easier to plastic bag the camera than the lens, hence my partially-sealed camera, and fully sealed lens :D

Too bad about me though.....din bring BIG garbage bag so kena soaked..haha!

Anybody remember using garbage bag as raincoat during NS days?

Last edited:
Was there from 4.30 pm. Here's all I have:
3709348787_bfcff90cd6.jpg

Rather than going home empty handed after camping there for so long, I just stand in the rain a while longer while everybody else with camera (and without) ran for cover. Other than the raindrops visible on the lens, I guessed it was worth that few seconds wait.

Definitely worth it! I got some shots worth using as well.

nice shot man..i was at the marina square enterance facing esplanade..haha. saw many people with big camera and tripod running like mad..anyway, are weather proof cameras really completely waterproof?..what about the lens?

i was there, all ready and excited. when the rain broke down.
anyone spot me? im wearing WTD white polo tee. standing at the merlion there; beside the small booth for river taxis? darn. why did it had to rain. never had this experince. first time! :bsmilie:

yes please DO NOT go to marina barrage for your fireworks shot.. it is totally blocked by the Integrated Resort towers..... :angry:

The fireworks firing platform is floating right in front of the IR, that's why those from Marina Barrage will not get a good view of the fireworks.

Status
Not open for further replies.