heavy-duty airtight case

Status
Not open for further replies.
if ur case inside is those kind with one big piece of foam, u are suppose to cut out the shape(s) of ur equipment onto the foam. ;p

kristlbel said:
can some kind soul shed some light on how to use this contraption? has a built-in hygrometer indicator and foam inserts.

dunno how to use

TIA

IIRC ... you won it at nikon portraits shoot sia ... :bsmilie:

nightwolf75 said:
if ur case inside is those kind with one big piece of foam, u are suppose to cut out the shape(s) of ur equipment onto the foam. ;p

ok. i did that. then what's the use of the hygrometer? to show how cheem the case is ah? :p

anyway, the needle was pointing to 50% (blue indicator), now i think it's pointing at 60% (red indicator). so what do i do? what percentage should the needle be pointing at? how do i make the indicator point back to 50%? put in silica gel???

ya la. i know i got this thing for some time, now then take out and use :sticktong

kristlbel said:
ok. i did that. then what's the use of the hygrometer? to show how cheem the case is ah? :p

anyway, the needle was pointing to 50% (blue indicator), now i think it's pointing at 60% (red indicator). so what do i do? what percentage should the needle be pointing at? how do i make the indicator point back to 50%? put in silica gel???

ya la. i know i got this thing for some time, now then take out and use :sticktong

iirc... i read it somewhere on the web .... 45-50%RH is the optimal range....

I think no need to put in silica gel, if you use this for transportation of your gear (eg. on a trip) ... you should have an electronic drybox or something already at home if you have a reasonable amount of camera gear.

However, if you intend to use this for storage, perhaps you can buy a tin of silica gel from a photo shop (or even places like Carrefour), get a few plastic film canisters, punch a few small holes in them, and fill up with silica gel, and put inside the case with your gear.

Only thing is that I'm not sure how effective it would be with all that foam inside the case.

ericp said:
I think no need to put in silica gel, if you use this for transportation of your gear (eg. on a trip) ... you should have an electronic drybox or something already at home if you have a reasonable amount of camera gear.

However, if you intend to use this for storage, perhaps you can buy a tin of silica gel from a photo shop (or even places like Carrefour), get a few plastic film canisters, punch a few small holes in them, and fill up with silica gel, and put inside the case with your gear.

Only thing is that I'm not sure how effective it would be with all that foam inside the case.

using it as storage. too heavy for me to lug around to transport my gear! what i did was to wrap some silica gel in tissue and put it in the case. seems to work so far... ;)

thanks for your tip! might try the film canisters once the ones in the tissue lose their effect...

Status
Not open for further replies.