Heart and Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yappy

May 30, 2004
We always claim that the mind rules the heart.

Are we rule by our heart or mind?

When I see a chio bu, my mind cannot think.

I am still not sure when is following the 'Heart' and when is following the 'Mind'.

We often hear a person say he's not sure whether to follow the 'Heart' or 'Mind' when choosing whether to take up Arts of Science. This person will say he likes Arts but feels Science has better prospects. (Using this example because it's so typical - not trying to compare Arts and Science course here.:nono:)

Is this the definition of 'Heart' and 'Mind'? In a sense that if you decide to do what you like now, it's 'Heart', but if it gives you material gains in the future, it's 'Mind'? If not, how do you define a situation which relates to 'Heart' and which one to 'Mind'?:dunno:

The fact that this person is consciously weighing between happiness and material gains, is, a use of 'Mind'. :think:

The above makes sense? :sweat: I am not so sure myself...have to go ask my Heart and my Mind about this later...:sticktong

When I see a chio bu, my mind cannot think.

That's not a matter of the heart... That's your smaller brain stealing all the blood from the bigger brain! :bsmilie:

Heart and mind is a case of what you feel like doing and what you should be doing.
Don't go with your heart,go with your mind.
Heart is irrational and fleeting,the mind is rational and logical.

Mind is logic and heart is emotion? :dunno:

Mind is logic and heart is emotion? :dunno:

But if I consciously want to take up Arts (just using common example hor, those Science students don't take it personally) and be happy instead of Science and be rich, isn't that in itself also went through a logical thought process?

never let either dominate. depending on situations sometimes the heart is right, other times the mind is right, den oso both can be right or wrong.

heart is not devoid of logic, eg, for the greater good. how the good is defined will depend on the heart. at times a decision process takes into account lots of other factors that is non-conformist in nature. like choice of colour, blue over yellow.

mind's logic may be more surgical (eg, in controlled environment more easily explained & understood) obvious (eg, 1+1=2).

The heart just pump and pump and pump... to the 2 sides of the brain.. left and right? So who make the decision..left or right brain?

Oo my bad heart is controled by invoulntary impulses =p so maybe the ehart does rule the head.

U are also right... the heart keep the head(Brain) alive... so the heart rules the head?

In physical way yea i guess so :)

Now we have to relook at the thread!

So who rules who?

Let me cut off the gas supply to you and let you see 'Who rules who?"

what is the different between mind and brain?

anyone wanna make a guess?

we can say "mind your own bz" but not "brain your own bz"

we say "bird brain" but cannot say "bird mind"

brain is for animals, mind is for human beings? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.