Hear my Song

CooL1985

Deregistered
Apr 7, 2010
1. In what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, Overall colour of the photo

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Im becoming more interested in night photography and wanted to see how i could improve further.

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken?
This was taken in Suining, a city in Szechuan along a busy street. The man was so engross with his er-hu that i felt compelled to take a picture of him.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I think the composure could have being improved. If not for the limited space i had, i would have gotten this whole facial expression.

Thanks all in advance for viewing and critique.

DSC_1164.jpg

great opportunity !

its too common to just stop and take one shot and stop...... hope you took the chance to take other perspectives of this performance..... great job with the metering although you lost the face somewhat

also the empty spaces you created might do with a little cropping...... strictly personal preference

Thx for the comment.

I have tried moving amongst the crowd to take the photo already. Very squeezy...

As for the spaces, do you mean the floor area? i wanted to give him more floor area to make him look alone and pitiful...

Thx for the comment.

I have tried moving amongst the crowd to take the photo already. Very squeezy...

As for the spaces, do you mean the floor area? i wanted to give him more floor area to make him look alone and pitiful...

Actually I thought a landscape portrait might look a lot better in this case. Your choice of framing cut off a bit of the circle of light cast on the floor by that little bulb.

love the mood and atmosphere of this picture.
really captured him being so passionate about his music.

if only the image was a tad sharper :)

A big thanks to those who commented.
Will try to take more good photos and share it.

Good picture. You nailed the exposure. Nice background light dots too. If only you moved forward and take picture from there then the instrument won't be blocking his face. But yeah crowds are annoying.

yeah man.. the crowds are definitely irritating. But that is what makes street photography so interesting and fruitful. Fighting for a spot for a good composure... quickly getting your settings... take a sample shot... and quickly fine tune and take another shot. =D