Hear Me Roar...

Chow Yun Fatt

Jan 20, 2010
_MG_1644.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?

Is the DOF too Shallow?

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

Just Experimenting, in a hope to learn more.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

Candied Shot. No Warning :sweatsm:

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

I think the focus is a tad too soft. What do you think?

Would like some Constructive Criticism...Thank you...:)

DOF here i think its just nice. The moment that you had caught here is something i would say priceless, something that you could bring along with the kid. However what does not work well here is the WB. It makes the child looks yellowish. It would be better if you could get some catchlights in his eyes. With that in it and the WB set properly, this could be a keeper!

Thank you for your comment...Think I'll need to go work on this photo...

DOF I feel is just nice, as well as the focus point. Can see that the eyes are quite sharp.
As a candid moment, I think the value of this photo is priceless! Good shot!
Would prefer the eyes to be open bigger and for there to be a catchlight, but we can't always have everything, eh?
I think the WB issue is due to the light reflected off the t-shirt. I like the yellow-ness of the t-shirt, but not the yellow reflection it causes to the face.
slightly tricky to PP this one... I would go with layers and selectively alter the WB for the face.

well.. i think it's nice and clear. maybe i'am a noob.
haha

I thought the Yellowish is cause my settings in Portrait Mode.:dunno:

Anyway, thank you for your input. :)

DOF I feel is just nice, as well as the focus point. Can see that the eyes are quite sharp.
As a candid moment, I think the value of this photo is priceless! Good shot!
Would prefer the eyes to be open bigger and for there to be a catchlight, but we can't always have everything, eh?
I think the WB issue is due to the light reflected off the t-shirt. I like the yellow-ness of the t-shirt, but not the yellow reflection it causes to the face.
slightly tricky to PP this one... I would go with layers and selectively alter the WB for the face.

Thats the beauty in Photography, everyone has their own perspective, but I just want to see what others think of mine. :)

Anyway, thank you for your kind words.

well.. i think it's nice and clear. maybe i'am a noob.
haha