Heads Up! Adobe Creative Suite 2 Roadshow coming to Singapore June 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
Just got this in my email. Adobe is organising an Asia roadshow for Adobe Creatuve Suite 2 and the Singapore leg will be on Tuesday, June 21. Anyone who is interested can go to this site and register :-

Adobe Creative Suite 2 Roadshow June 21 Registration Page

The page also gives more details of the roadshow.

thanks for the headsup. but what do you think they will talk about or show there? just a preview of the software?

According to the webpage :-

Agenda
8.30am - 9.00am Registration
9.00am - 12.00pm
Introduction to Adobe® Creative Suite® 2, Adobe® Photoshop® CS2 & Adobe® GoLive® CS2
2.00pm - 5.30pm
Adobe® InDesign CS2, Adobe® Illustrator® CS2 & Adobe® Acrobat® 7.0 Professional **

Looks like a pretty comprehensive coverage of the entire Creative Suite 2 pack of applications.

Darren said:
According to the webpage :-

Agenda
8.30am - 9.00am Registration
9.00am - 12.00pm
Introduction to Adobe® Creative Suite® 2, Adobe® Photoshop® CS2 & Adobe® GoLive® CS2
2.00pm - 5.30pm
Adobe® InDesign CS2, Adobe® Illustrator® CS2 & Adobe® Acrobat® 7.0 Professional **

Looks like a pretty comprehensive coverage of the entire Creative Suite 2 pack of applications.

The afternoon session in Singapore will be covering the CS2 Indesign & Illustrator.

The Acrobat Pro 7.0 session is only avail in Philippines :) They had a session on the new Acrobat a month or so ago in Singapore

Is this opened to anyone?
FOC? ;p

yeah, registered!

If any of you go there, someone can ask them why the h#ll they bloated CS2 so much that it needs a quad xeon server for it to run at any decent speed, specially if you have bridge open. Forget about running it on anything less than a high end machine with a gig of RAM. I promptly uninstalled the demo version. Too bad.

What is the spec of yr com? Mine is only a 1Ghz PIII with 384 MB physical ram.

sriram said:
If any of you go there, someone can ask them why the h#ll they bloated CS2 so much that it needs a quad xeon server for it to run at any decent speed, specially if you have bridge open. Forget about running it on anything less than a high end machine with a gig of RAM. I promptly uninstalled the demo version. Too bad.
I am not sure if Bridge is the one hogging the memory/CPU as its just another iteration of the old Browse function.

The real memory (and sometimes CPU) hog is Adobe Version Cue - it ate up almost 200MB of memory just sitting idle, and would shoot up to 400MB if any CS2 application is opened. Worst thing is that looking at the Task Manager would only show that it was using 64MB of memory, but if you manually add up all the memory used in the list (which I did), you would have a mysterious couple hundred megs missing. Promptly uninstalled Version Cue and my memory usage dropped back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.