Heads and Faces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkster

37908ORIG.JPG

37909ORIG.JPG

I like the first pic better.
As for the rest, i would prefer if you can put some distracting background OOF.

Just my humble opinion.
Keep on shooting.

Originally posted by swift-monkey
I like the first pic better.
As for the rest, i would prefer if you can put some distracting background OOF.

Just my humble opinion.
Keep on shooting.

ya.. that was my intention.. but i've oredi put my camera to f2 liao leh.. can't go down anymore.. wat do u think i can do?:light:

Well, personally, i've tried shooting these same statues befoe and i found it to be quite enjoyable and experience, as these "portrait" subject doesn't move but then again, it does constrain the photographer to a certain extent...

Anyway, these shots, though i'm sure you did try to pay attention to the details, but if you look at all the shots you have posted so far, you'll realise that alot of them have either very distracting background, or there are a fair bit of blown highlights...
nonetheless, don't fret.

Just keep shooting and practising and if possible, be as demanding as possible with yourself. :) You'll benefit in the long run.

Keep shooting! :)

Originally posted by Wolfgang
Anyway, these shots, though i'm sure you did try to pay attention to the details, but if you look at all the shots you have posted so far, you'll realise that alot of them have either very distracting background, or there are a fair bit of blown highlights...
nonetheless, don't fret.

how can i overcome these problems other than using a small f-number and moving around to find a better angle? :embrass:

Originally posted by Linkster
how can i overcome these problems other than using a small f-number and moving around to find a better angle? :embrass:

Well, for the blown out highlight, you might need to experiment around with your shutter speed. Other distractions, you can use photoshop (although i wouldn't encourage it)

But as you have suggested, moving around, experimenting with differnt angles is one of the better ways already... :)

PS: Try to shoot them early morning or evening light. Paint with light and experiment what a higher shutter speed or a lower shutter speed can do to shadows.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.