Headphones

IvanL

Apr 30, 2011
Any recommendations for a good headphone that cost $250? I listen to pop music and classical music as well. Clarity is more important than bass for me. Thanks!

Any recommendations for a good headphone that cost $250? I listen to pop music and classical music as well. Clarity is more important than bass for me. Thanks!

Go to Jaben store at Adelphi mall (opposite Funan mall), there you can try different headphone / earphones / IEM and buy the one you like.

IvanL said:

You may also try it out yourself at one of the shop at the basement of orchard ion. They will let you try out the headset personally to get a good feel of the equipment.

maybe you should narrow into types of headphone such as Open type, Close type? of there is also the expensive STAX (going to be taken over by a China company)

both of them has very different sound. Personally i like open-can like Grado (or 'Alessandero') but others will hear your music

maybe you should narrow into types of headphone such as Open type, Close type? of there is also the expensive STAX (going to be taken over by a China company)

both of them has very different sound. Personally i like open-can like Grado (or 'Alessandero') but others will hear your music

Yes, me too, would strongly suggest that you decide on whether 'Open' or 'Close' type you actually want...:) just fyi that I would strongly go for 'Open' type anytime as I just simply enjoy very much the way the 'Open' type produce each instrumental-notes across the very 'Spacious'-Sound stage:thumbsup:when using it indoor...as for outdoor I'd used a 'Closed' type:thumbsup:...!!! I've been using my :heart:Sennheiser-HD-238:heart: and thought of getting a Bose-AE2/i as my 'closed' type for outdoor use-only bcos I really love so much of the sound of 'Open' type headphone...!!!!!

If you want in-ear, get the Sony MDR-EX90. Very nice, balanced sound. I also don't like the bass-heavy sound most headphones seem to thrive for.

IvanL said:

Home use or portable?

If portable, get the noise canceling variety. The purist will claim less than true sound, but with reduced ambient noise, you hear much much more than pure sound plus loads of noise.

Choices, Sony has in-ear and over ear, Bose QC series, Sennheiser has a few models for home/portable. Go try, no point asking, this is another of those subjective items.

Added benefit is use on flights.

make sure you allocate extra budget for a headamp if you decided to get a full size headphones. It does make a difference.

if you need portable cans, I strongly suggest you go for custom IEMs.