Headache

Which one shld i get?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jeff08

Jan 12, 2010
I decided to buy a flash for my cam and have shortlisted 3.. the 430EX II, Nissin Di866 and Nissin Di622.. wondering which one i shld buy?? if i buy the 622, i would have spare money to get a 50 f/1.8.. only have max 500, which is my angbao money.. hope to seek some thoughts about it..

I am for pure canon set-up. :D Get the canon flash and save up (or visit more friends during CNY) to top up about $50 more to include the 50mm f1.8 (used/2nd hand).

Last edited:
I think getting the canon 430ex ii would be a wiser choice, maybe can choose to buy online also, looks like its cheaper if you're getting it from amazon or b&h. :)

i say go for Canon too :)

you can always buy the third party brands... but please keep in mind that if Canon changed something in the flash that's mean the flash would be more or less useless for your future bodies...

switch system to nikon and get the SB flash! no turning back.

Sorry TS.... I rather save the other $200 and get myself 580EX MkII..... :sweat:

I'll go for the Canon flash. If money is tight, look at B&S. There's a few 430 & 580 listed.

The Di866 will not give you wireless FP when it is used as a remote.
Could be a consideration if you uses that.

And bummer that Malaysians seem to be getting 2 YEARS international warranty with theirs while we get only 1?

Last edited:
Get a second hand 430EXII (about $420) and a second hand 50mm (about $100)

I have both Di866 and Di422 for my flash and thye one on my sig...

Di866 is $400+ btw, more than $200 diff from 580EX II. Of course 580EXII if I am rich. lolx

BTW, how offen did you use the on-board flash?

Last edited:
emoblitz! support local! haha
joke.