He Who Controls the Media, Controls the World!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hommie

Oct 11, 2004
Singapore
In light of NKF lawsuit with SPH, notice how few played with the media juggernut and win? In the present day, one knows how to control media will have his/her way. NKF saga is a good case but it seems that many bad issue came out of others on the media attentions like the nude blogger.

Media will say that kind of news guarantee viewerships or rating. Are we at fault? :dunno:

Astin said:
Ya, I wonder why I still need to pay the $110 tv license.

How esle can you be entertained by propaganda?

Astin said:
So we should also seek to know the pay package for the CEO of the tv station? Thats our money as well :think:

we should start asking how much all public listed or maybe even private owned CEO's pay... maybe i should start by those who owes me money... dun pay still can pay so high CEO pay...

such info in annual aggregate are required to be disclosed in bands for plcs.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
we should start asking how much all public listed or maybe even private owned CEO's pay... maybe i should start by those who owes me money... dun pay still can pay so high CEO pay...

jsbn said:
Wad's dat about ISD agents and SPH? :dunno:

http://www.mediachannel.org/views/oped/singapore.shtml

"At Singapore Press Holdings, the executive president is Tjong Yik Min. From 1986 to 1993, Tjong was Singapore's most senior secret policeman, for he ran the feared Internal Security Department"

http://www.sfdonline.org/Link Pages/Link Folders/01Pf/aus210601.html

" Chua Lee Hoong, Singapore's most prominent political commentator, is very open about the fact that she is a former ISD "analyst"."

reminds me of the michelle yeoh - james bond movie, "tomorrow never dies"!!

"He Who Controls the Media, Controls the World! woahahaha!!!" :devil:

Exactly. SPH knew exactly what the soft underbelly of the NKF was (Public Opinion) and went straight for it. The fight was over before it started.

dkw said:
Exactly. SPH knew exactly what the soft underbelly of the NKF was (Public Opinion) and went straight for it. The fight was over before it started.

the fight was over? I did not hear the bell leh.... go on boxing.... :sweat:

Astin said:
So we should also seek to know the pay package for the CEO of the tv station? Thats our money as well :think:

The money is for a (public) service. Don't want to pay? Don't use the service! We are not shareholders of the company, so there is no real reason as a consumer to know except to be a kaypoh. :)

NKF, on the other hand, is a charity organisation...we give out of free will and without expectation of material returns. All the more such charity monies need to be handled prudently. As donors, we are stakeholders of the organisation.

A more media-savvy person would do better than Durai or the nude blogger in handling the media. Its good to know how but beware, the media will come back to bite you if you are not careful......

StreetShooter said:
Surely you must have watched Citizen Kane?

that's a real classic :thumbsup:

Xanadu may be more real than the real world :devil:

would you have any tips on how a "media-savvy person" should handle the media?

Hommie said:
A more media-savvy person would do better than Durai or the nude blogger in handling the media. Its good to know how but beware, the media will come back to bite you if you are not careful......

vince123123 said:
I just wonder, for this kind of defamation court case, was there a pre-hearing for both sides before the judge, and mediation to avoid a full court battle? The NKF side would at least know what would be revealed at court?

vince123123 said:
In Durai's case, just leave it be. He can clarify the rumours with explainations but not a full blown lawsuit which will let the evidences do the talking. Rumour will always be rumour unless there's evidences, this time he himself provided the ammo to his enemy.

But of course, the pre-requisite is that you have not done as rumoured to go all the way.

So in his case, where he has done the things that are rumoured, how should he have handled the media reports?

Hommie said:
In Durai's case, just leave it be. He can clarify the rumours with explainations but not a full blown lawsuit which will let the evidences do the talking. Rumour will always be rumour unless there's evidences, this time he himself provided the ammo to his enemy.

But of course, the pre-requisite is that you have not done as rumoured to go all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.