HDTV Trial...Mediacorp

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Tan

Aug 28, 2004
AMK
Anyone have audio being too soft...worst than SCV?

John Tan said:
Anyone have audio being too soft...worst than SCV?
The WC Final repeat on channel 5 clarity are simply superb clear & high resolution! Can see the players clearly even when in half field view! Very impressed!

John Tan said:
The WC Final repeat on channel 5 clarity are simply superb clear & high resolution! Can see the players clearly even when in half field view! Very impressed!
HD HD HD!!!

was at NLB yest night to watch the WC final on HDTV on a 5-6m high screen. i'm quite impressed actually, but the cost of HDTVs still have to go down for mass adoption...not to mention not everybody will have a dolby digital 5.1 to decode the sound quality..

darn, some guys haf all the luck. i didnt make make the cut for the starhub trial and this one too. wish they would open up their trial for more participants in a month or two

huaiwei said:
Er...can we receive the signals using tv tuner cards?
u still need a setup box like the one from SCV...

dr34mc4st3r said:
was at NLB yest night to watch the WC final on HDTV on a 5-6m high screen. i'm quite impressed actually, but the cost of HDTVs still have to go down for mass adoption...not to mention not everybody will have a dolby digital 5.1 to decode the sound quality..
Quite true I have to turn on my home threatre to enhance the sound system u will feel like you inside the stadium when u have set the correct mode on your Home threatre....not even my BRAVIA dynamic trusurround XT can par with it...great!

tangoinquestion said:
darn, some guys haf all the luck. i didnt make make the cut for the starhub trial and this one too. wish they would open up their trial for more participants in a month or two
I didn't get the starhub trial too...

dr34mc4st3r said:

actually the HDTV is not that expensive nowadays. There are cheap home theatre in a box to decode dolby digital that cost less than 1k. For 720p displays, I think there are cheap LCD projectors that are around than 2k.

In future the Annual HDTV fee is not cheap due to high cost of implement the infrastructure of HD cable.

John Tan said:
Quite true I have to turn on my home threatre to enhance the sound system u will feel like you inside the stadium when u have set the correct mode on your Home threatre....not even my BRAVIA dynamic trusurround XT can par with it...great!

Sony BRAVIA ah? LCD tio boh. 40 inch?

wind30 said:
actually the HDTV is not that expensive nowadays. There are cheap home theatre in a box to decode dolby digital that cost less than 1k. For 720p displays, I think there are cheap LCD projectors that are around than 2k.
yes the price have drop from $29,999 somemore not HD ready...

JL1500k said:
In future the Annual HDTV fee is not cheap due to high cost of implement the infrastructure of HD cable.
no cable now lei...? Not like SCV la...

Errz said:
Yes the price drop from $5699 to $4699 within 2 month after I bought ...:(

Errz said:

Sony Bravia HD is really good. Watch a wimbledon match with a Sony HD and one without HD side by side in UK. BBC UK has a HD channel and one w/o HD. The difference is startling! Though the one w HD has ~2sec lag.

di0nysus said:
Sony Bravia HD is really good. Watch a wimbledon match with a Sony HD and one without HD side by side in UK. BBC UK has a HD channel and one w/o HD. The difference is startling! Though the one w HD has ~2sec lag.
Yes I know what u mean I see the big diff on Channel 5 WorldCup w & w/o HD...the diferent in their colour / contrast / resolution / clarity...sharpness etc...it is a totally new experience...even watching the repeat WC Final is not tiring at all...can see their hair very details...

Errz said:
wah!! drop liao ah? i know the price is ard $5k... so fast drop. heh.. will be sourcing for 1 during sept.

So far how isit? any problem ? am looking into samsung one also.
Price drop is because new LCD (1900x 1200dpi) is coming....:( better than all the current one...1366 x 768 dpi..

Status
Not open for further replies.