Hdr

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah.zeep said:
Hi,

I have come across this tutorial:
NatureScapes - The High Dynamic Range (HDR) Landscape Photography Tutorial

and in one of the steps the author describes using Photoshop CS2 for the HDR workflow.

Hope this helps abit.

I am getting a fault msg "there is not enough dynamic range in these photos to construct a useful HDR image" while attempting to merge my 3 pic into HDR using PS Automate->merge to HDR function..... what does that mean ??

Maybe your 3 images's exposure is too close thus not much difference in dynamic range?

Anyway, photomatix generates nicer HDR images compared to Photoshop based on my experiences.

silvergetz said:
Maybe your 3 images's exposure is too close thus not much difference in dynamic range?

Anyway, photomatix generates nicer HDR images compared to Photoshop based on my experiences.

my 3 photos are bracketed @ 3EV apart.

I tried opening photomatix generated HDR file in PS, but unable to save it as JPEC format.
and HDR file seems to be alot over exposed when opened in PS, is this normal ?
plse help... thks

hazmee said:
Hi there,

Please follow this tutorial about HDR tonemapping in Photomatix. Hope it helps. Cheers!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/amery/100264396/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amery/100264209/

Hazmee

thks.... actually what I meant was, after generating the HDR image in photomatix + tone mapped.... there isn't a JPG file option in the SAVE AS, hence I saved it as TIFF, and I open the photomatix HDR image in photoshop, it also doesn't have a JPG option in the SAVE AS.

HDR files are 32bit/channel. U have to change the setting to 8bit/channel before you can save as JPEG. Hope this helps.:)

Chew Siow Ming said:
thks.... actually what I meant was, after generating the HDR image in photomatix + tone mapped.... there isn't a JPG file option in the SAVE AS, hence I saved it as TIFF, and I open the photomatix HDR image in photoshop, it also doesn't have a JPG option in the SAVE AS.

lastboltnut said:
HDR files are 32bit/channel. U have to change the setting to 8bit/channel before you can save as JPEG. Hope this helps.:)

Hey ! it works... tks alot :thumbsup:

I did one example :).

randomfunshoot019hdrub0.jpg

I know not nice, but its HDR ...

lastboltnut said:
No prob. Can share your HDR pic? I am trying to learn HDR too...but my S3 IS can only expose upto 15sec...:(

actually I just started ystdy. took a pic outside my house, still trying hard to learn the tone mapping, looks like Photomatix can generate a much better HDR image than PS. post my lousy result in a minute.....;p

I bracket my exposure in an increment/decrement of 1EV, total 5 pic were taken. i.e. >> -2EV, -1EV, 0EV, +1EV & +2EV. REMEMBER to use tripod hor..... unless you have damn steady hands

you can try Photomatix trial version to merge all 5 pics follow by performing a tone mapping & finally save.

don't bother to use PS, result not as good as photomatix.

Hi yilishengxian,

Thanks for sharing. Did you using Exposure bracket or shutter speed?

and I think your "Signature" on the pic can be improved abit...it's slanted and the font is a bit out for the pic.....hope you dun mind my opinion.:)

yilishengxian said:
I did one example :).

randomfunshoot019hdrub0.jpg

I know not nice, but its HDR ...

I having been using shutter speed rather than exposure...is the photomatix trail time base? 30days only?

Chew Siow Ming said:
actually I just started ystdy. took a pic outside my house, still trying hard to learn the tone mapping, looks like Photomatix can generate a much better HDR image than PS. post my lousy result in a minute.....;p

I bracket my exposure in an increment/decrement of 1EV, total 5 pic were taken. i.e. >> -2EV, -1EV, 0EV, +1EV & +2EV. REMEMBER to use tripod hor..... unless you have damn steady hands

you can try Photomatix trial version to merge all 5 pics follow by performing a tone mapping & finally save.

don't bother to use PS, result not as good as photomatix.

lastboltnut said:
No prob. Can share your HDR pic? I am trying to learn HDR too...but my S3 IS can only expose upto 15sec...:(

after seeing yilishengxian HDR, actually i was abit reluctant to post mine here... too embarrass to post mine. no time to go out to shot, just took a pic outside my house....

TADANG...... MY 1st HDR... don't laugh hor.:embrass:

My_1st_HDR.jpg

as you can see... there are watermarks printed too, its trial version, thats why.

lastboltnut said:
Hi yilishengxian,

Thanks for sharing. Did you using Exposure bracket or shutter speed?

and I think your "Signature" on the pic can be improved abit...it's slanted and the font is a bit out for the pic.....hope you dun mind my opinion.:)
I used exposure bracketing and continuous shooting to get 3 different exposures of the image of +/- 1.5 EV. Then used photomatix to create the HDR image.

As for my signature. I'm using a new one, but its slanted too :) and the same position. Personal preference.

Chew Siow Ming said:
after seeing yilishengxian HDR, actually i was abit reluctant to post mine here... too embarrass to post mine. no time to go out to shot, just took a pic outside my house....

My_1st_HDR.jpg

as you can see... there are watermarks printed too, its trial version, thats why.
Well your 1st time was better than my 1st time :).

Hey nice effect on the antenna wire! If only the sky is more dramatic.:)

Chew Siow Ming said:

My_1st_HDR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.