Status
Not open for further replies.

amsyari

Mar 3, 2006
woodlands
How do i edit my pics into a HDR pic? Can it be done in photoshop cs?:) thanks

amsyari said:
How do i edit my pics into a HDR pic? Can it be done in photoshop cs?:) thanks

It can be done in CS2. Not too sure about CS though. You simply take a couple of pictures for the current scene varying the exposure and merge them into one.

Alternatively check out www.photomatix.com.

I have tried a couple of times but yet still do not get the effect I want.

just combining the pics? How about the layer?

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/digital-blending.shtml

good link. Like the layer mask method. very fast in CS2. You need to shoot in raw and develop two jpegs with different exposure setting.

b4
hdrs32.jpg

after
hdrs3.jpg

amsyari said:
just combining the pics? How about the layer?
just read through photomatrix,quite simple to understand.

the page cannot open leh. must shoot in raw mode only issit? Take pics. in normal mode can't be done? can it be done in cs?

You need shoot raw to retain more information in the file. Else must use tripod and bracket your exposures. It all depends on the dynamic range of the camera you are using.

copied from the link. It is working what...
This is the easiest manual technique. Starting with having done the pasting of the dark image on the light one, add a Layer Mask. This is done by clicking on the second icon on the lower left of the Layers palette. You will now see a white rectangle next to the image on the Layer 1 layer. (See Figure #2).

Fig. 2

Click on the background layer on the palette and the press CTRL-A to select the whole image. Press CTRL-C, copying it to the clipboard. Now hold down the ALT key (Option on the Mac) and click on the white mask rectangle on the Layer 1 palette.

The whole image will now turn white. Next, press CTRL-V to paste the contents of the clipboard onto the white mask. You will now see a B&W mask image. With the B&W mask displayed go to Filter / Blur / Gaussian Blur and set the Radius to about 40 pixels. Click on the Background Layer and you're done. (Thanks to George DeWolfe of CameraArt's magazine for bringing this technique to my attention.)

Oh yes. With this technique you may want to select the background layer and add an appropriate curve to brighten up the dark area a bit prior to flattening the layers.

amsyari said:
the page cannot open leh. must shoot in raw mode only issit? Take pics. in normal mode can't be done? can it be done in cs?

for HDR you need to bracket your shots. take with different shots with different settings to gain different exposures before merging them in HDR. photomatix allow the use of another setting, not HDR to properly expose images.

try reading around some articles on the net. you don't need to shoot in raw to do HDR.

AixisOfJustice said:
check this simple tutorial on HDR technique & use of Photomatix: HDR Tutorial

nice link! ;) one thing i like about HDR is the creative effects you can do with it..

Thanks everyone, i really appreciate your help...

Status
Not open for further replies.