HDR with PS

azurebluee

Feb 10, 2010
1. In what area is critique to be sought?
Please advise on how I may improve the quality of the hdr.

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
A balanced dynamic range pleasing to the eye - Natural looking hdrs.

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Late afternoon with sunlight from the right. Enjoying the sea breeze :). Taken with 10-22mm. No filter.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Blended 3 shots with ps as photomatix didn't quite work out. I think it looks better now :)

9493948429_4f80cc0403_b.jpg

Last edited:
Any bigger size? Seems to me the details of the sea are smeared out / lost between the coconut trees on the right. Something to do with one of the radius setting?

Any bigger size? Seems to me the details of the sea are smeared out / lost between the coconut trees on the right. Something to do with one of the radius setting?

Updated with a larger copy. :)

This is the 0ev copy: foreground is dark.

9493961259_66f5afe0de_c.jpg

Appears that the area around the coconut trees is like that from original source but I still find it weird.

Overall seems okay but i would prefer a bit more contrast. Feels a bit too bright for a late afternoon shot, particularly the greenery. That's from my monitor; others might see differently. HDR doesn't mean everything has to be shown clearly, as in you need to maintain the relative tones of various parts of the picture. What's in shadows should still be in the dark without going black and vice versa. This is if you are going for the realistic look. Sometimes not that easy to manage.
:)