HDR Processing Softwares

Status
Not open for further replies.

aq12345

Nov 19, 2006
Photomatix vs. Dynamic Photo HDR (http://www.mediachance.com/hdri/index.html) vs. etc [can you name some more programs?]

Which of you guys prefer? Dynamic PhotoHDR seems quite good, judging by the website :think: but haven't tried it yet.

To be honest, I always find that the best HDR processing can be done in Photoshop if you do it manually. Automated HDR processors do an overall poor job since you don't have much control over the normality/surreality of the image you are trying to create. There is an excellent HDR tutorial to be found HERE. This particular tutorial deals with HDR processing in PhotoShop CS3. If you only have Elements you should still be able to do much of this. Hope this helps! :)

Thanks for sharing... have been thinking abt HDR softwares... always had this perception that images become too fake after HDRs... guess the fine line between true photography and Digital manipulation is thining!

Thanks for sharing... have been thinking abt HDR softwares... always had this perception that images become too fake after HDRs... guess the fine line between true photography and Digital manipulation is thining!
Yes, I had the same perception. I think it is important to keep photos as clean as possible provided you want to demonstrate something in particular. In that respect photography has also become the "art" of post processing using the exposures you gathered in the field. That is why I like the PhotoShop method because it lets you manually make very small changes that help maintain an even exposure across your image...I try to keep it in what one could expect of a GND filter and not much more... :)

Cool :) Thanks for sharing Churchwolf and Night86mare

Well I've tried almost all of them that I have heard. Here is a list with links:

HDR Software

The list includes some freeware software.

Joel
galleryXchange.com

something new to me...look powerful

Status
Not open for further replies.