HDR (Photomatix)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricolarr

Aug 18, 2008
Simpang Bedok
Hi everyone, I've just begun experimenting with HDR, and decided to use photomatix as my choice of software. There quite a few sliders/tools then I don't quite understand, and would like to know which slider will be key to meddle with to make my HDR attempts look better.

Besides the basic Strength, Light smoothing, Micro-contrast. I'm not really sure what are the ideal values for White Point, Black point and etc. Perhaps some advice? Thanks :)

Just go back into their website and there are examples of the settings there.

Hi everyone, I've just begun experimenting with HDR, and decided to use photomatix as my choice of software. There quite a few sliders/tools then I don't quite understand, and would like to know which slider will be key to meddle with to make my HDR attempts look better.

Besides the basic Strength, Light smoothing, Micro-contrast. I'm not really sure what are the ideal values for White Point, Black point and etc. Perhaps some advice? Thanks :)

My usual recommendation. Get the book Complete Guide to High Dynamic Range Digital Photography by Ferrell McCollough.

Thanks for the response, by the way I have a question.

When you guys go out and shoot series of HDR shots, do you guys shoot in 8 or 16bit?

search here the thread by soulfly, its walkabout HDR...:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.