HDR: Photomatix Vs PhotoShop CS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

emlee

Mar 10, 2008
Ang Mo Kio
Hi,
I noticed that most HDRs by CS members are done using Photomatix. Why is Photoshop (a major post editing tool) not a strong preference with CS users?

Is there any particular reason? Please share your preference for/ against:
1) Photomatix; and/or
2) Photoshop CS3

CS3 or even CS2 at times seems just so overloaded with features that i personally prefer anything else unless there's no choice as some artist or texture dude release some articles showing how a certain technique is done or performed.

Photomatix is straight forward, you drag a few levers left and right till you are happy with it and you export it.

Where can i get photomatrix?
I have CS3 but agreed that its overwhelming.
I wanna try something different.
=p

Personally from the visual I like Photomatix's result. It looks so surreal and dramatic .. loves the effects on the clouds. There 's a HDR function merge in CS3 but some how it didn't turn out so dramatic and still need to further edit it. and again not as dramatic as Photomatix.

I have better results with "erasing" in CS3 but then again .. still not very drama ... maybe I am not skillful lor .. :embrass:

Photomatix seems pretty stright forward ... but .. I don't have it .. =(

I just tried out photomatix. Its much easier than CS3. Like what etegration says, you only need to drag a few levers here and there.

But im using the trial pro version. Got their photomatix watermark everywhere. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.