HDR Newbie. Share The Wealth Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartbreak

Nov 28, 2008
Where Singlish Originates
As per thread title, I have a question about HDR, rather, afew questions as below:

I am using PhotomatixPro 3.0, but whenever I use the feature "Genertae HDR Image", and select 3 pictures taken at different EV values, the picture that has been composed/produced appears a very strong greenish blue shade and not the correct colors of the scene, is it something I'm doing wrongly or does it appear for everyone too?

If it does happen for everyone, do you guys use photoshop to reduce the blue/green colours or what other programmes do you use? And what tools?

If its my fault, what are the recomended settings to set when generating the image?

Quick question: Did you apply tone-mapping to the image ?

Yes..I believe you did not apply tone mapping....

Yes..I believe you did not apply tone mapping....

Tone mapping? Is it a box that you can check/tick before you process the image or what?
And the box I was referring to, "Take tone curve of color profile." and if you meant that, mine is unable to check it not sure why doh? Anyone can help?
If its the tone mapping icon that appears after I process the image, by clicking it and tweaking the settings, (Strength, saturation, etc...) it still appears greenish blue, anyone can share with me the settings I should change? I really appriciate it.

I can refer you to a good site, read it and see if it helps you :)

http://stuckincustoms.com/2006/06/06/548/

Now that I recall, try using tone compressor instead of details enhancer. Usually the pictures will look more 'normal' for me when i use tone compressor

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.