[HDR] London: Towerbridge & City Hall

photodisposal

Feb 20, 2013
United Kingdom
8490735332_8185895696_b.jpg

7 exposures on the D600
Post processing was done using Photomatix and aperture to remove some dust from the sensor

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
As this is my first HDR shot, I would greatly appreciate any advice with relation to HDR, is the luminosity to exaggerated, is the contrast too strong etc...

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I wanted to capture two of London's most iconic structures during dusk. Post processing wise I tried to capture as much detail as possible within all areas of exposure.

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken?
Stack was taken during dusk, after work, before cycling home

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture?
I personally think it is a decent image for my first attempt but would love what others have to say.

8490735332_8185895696_b.jpg

7 exposures on the D600
Post processing was done using Photomatix and aperture to remove some dust from the sensor

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
As this is my first HDR shot, I would greatly appreciate any advice with relation to HDR, is the luminosity to exaggerated, is the contrast too strong etc...

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I wanted to capture two of London's most iconic structures during dusk. Post processing wise I tried to capture as much detail as possible within all areas of exposure.

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken?
Stack was taken during dusk, after work, before cycling home

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture?
I personally think it is a decent image for my first attempt but would love what others have to say.

hi hope you dont mind my critique:
1.there's a visible halo on the picture especially around the dome. it is better to removed it:)
2.its decent. keep on shooting and practicing. also browse throught the galleries of CS'ers hdr work.
have a good day ahead :)

I think the exposure, contrast looks ok in this shot.

As pointed out above, there are some halos around the city hall. Looks like there is some colour banding in the sky above Tower Bridge, and some halo/ghosting on just above the railings / below Tower Bridge.

Since you are shooting at dusk, there is usually a 'crossover' period as the sky darkens, when the brightness in the sky and brightness of the lights in the building are within the dynamic range of your camera, and thus the scene can be captured in 1 exposure. You might want to shoot during this window the next time you try, so only 1 shot is needed and can also avoid the issues of HDR processing.

Just sharing my 2 cents, all that said it's still a nice angle and thanks for sharing! :)