HDR/Bracketing with D40?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotisiao

Nov 14, 2007
hi guys, anyone using the D40 can enlighten me on how to take pictures for use in HDR with the D40? i use my fren D80 i know use bracketing function and take 3 pic of different exposure compensation and merge on photoshop. But D40 dont have bracketing function if i am not wrong? Any other technique to take pictures for hdr? :dunno:

giantcanopy

Feb 11, 2007
SG
hi guys, anyone using the D40 can enlighten me on how to take pictures for use in HDR with the D40? i use my fren D80 i know use bracketing function and take 3 pic of different exposure compensation and merge on photoshop. But D40 dont have bracketing function if i am not wrong? Any other technique to take pictures for hdr? :dunno:
Hi rotisiao

You can perhaps try adjust the exposure yourself and manually bracket the shots.

Ryan

geraldkhoo

Jun 15, 2007
The Tiny Red Dot
sgstrobist.blogspot.com
oh okay. would have loved an auto bracketing function.
When I had my D40x, the auto exposure bracketing was something that I found lacking, but still able to overcome with a tripod. Maybe its time to upgrade... seeing that the prices of the D80 would be coming down soon ;)

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
use manual.

auto bracketing is likely to give you a bad set because in-cam metering is always, always wonky whenever hdr is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom