HDR and Panorama Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirusAceDJ

May 29, 2008
Singapore, Singapore
Hi

Have searched thru this forum for a nice proper step by step guide (from the actual shot to the PP itself). But drew up a blank (yes i knoe there HDR know-to-do threads) but im still very confused :dunno:

Perhaps someone can make a Proper Step by Step Tutorial for complete Newbs like me??? :(

use google search, there are plenty out there.:)

cool:):)

Cool website!
The first step already made me chuckle "Step 1: Get your Apple on (but it also works if you refuse to wear a black turtleneck and use a PC instead)"

can i ask for photoshop cs 4, how we do save the hdr in jpeg after all editing? i understand can save in .tiff only. anybody can help?

If I'm not wrong, you got to change it to 8-bit before you can save as a JPEG.

Hey Can I ask? Im getting alot of noise from my HDR tries.. any tips?? other than noise removal softwares tat is

Last edited:
Hey Can I ask? Im getting alot of noise from my HDR tries.. any tips?? other than noise removal softwares tat is

Shoot with low ISO. Shoot with raw if possible.

Here's a simple tutorial- im no pro myself though

some guidelines for good HDR shots.
1) find a place with good amount of contrast. - e.g sunset/sunrise are good examples. nightshots are another good example.
2) place ur camera on a tripod, take at least 3 photos with different photos :-1ev, 0ev, +1ev. For good HDR i recommand at least 5-9 shots. make sure ur camera stays in the same position
3) bring back home, merge it with Photomatix or Photoshop.

Photomatix is pretty simple to use, as for photoshop u need to use the automate function->merge to HDR
im refering to photoshop cs3 for this instance cos thats the one I have
you will realise that merge from photoshop is not that terrific.
to make the HDR stand out, you would need to play with the curves to bring out the highlights, shadows, background,etc,etc

hopes this helps

i highly recommand photomatix =)

Posting one of my better HDR tries

3207899481_aeb86f1f02.jpg

Shot from a single Raw+Jpeg file

than used PhotoMatix and Noise Ninja 2 to do the edit

didn't use 3 or more shots cos I dun have a tripod yet, would be too difficult get nice shots :(

Comments Welcomed :)

You can always use a platform, like a parapet, table, railing etc.

Thats what i always do :p

Posting one of my better HDR tries

3207899481_aeb86f1f02.jpg

Shot from a single Raw+Jpeg file

than used PhotoMatix and Noise Ninja 2 to do the edit

didn't use 3 or more shots cos I dun have a tripod yet, would be too difficult get nice shots :(

Comments Welcomed :)

dun really look that hdr yet...

u are using d90...u can try to use auto-bracket plus shoot continous. hopefully can remove some movement....but then again...a tripod/pilliar/table or watever is still the best

dun really look that hdr yet...

u are using d90...u can try to use auto-bracket plus shoot continous. hopefully can remove some movement....but then again...a tripod/pilliar/table or watever is still the best

In what way is it not look hdr :dunno:

Im going to try the 3shoot thingy soon hopefully goes well :embrass:

does photomatix accept canon raw files (.CR2)?
i tired opening the raw with it and it turns out all purplurish.
i'm wondering if the 3 different exposures have to be shot in jpeg format.

does photomatix accept canon raw files (.CR2)?
i tired opening the raw with it and it turns out all purplurish.
i'm wondering if the 3 different exposures have to be shot in jpeg format.

Yes, photomatix can accept .CR2 files. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.