raptor1988

Jul 19, 2006
Sengkang
lizhien.blogspot.com
Inside of a HDD..

2ivmyvt.jpg

is this just a record or illustration ?

if it's a record pic...then it had serve its purpose...but
if it's mean to be illustrative, then you have to put in some extra effort.

is this just a record or illustration ?

if it's a record pic...then it had serve its purpose...but
if it's mean to be illustrative, then you have to put in some extra effort.

i guess its just a record.. But i'm curious as to the illustrative part. What more is required?

it can be done with very low budget lighting set up ( under $15/= ) and yet able to achieve much better result than now.
if you're keen, just drop by to member's gallery, hoping to see a much better pic next time round. :)

i guess its just a record.. But i'm curious as to the illustrative part. What more is required?

Watch your background and watch out for the reflection.

:light:
a proper shot can be done with 2 piece of paper... 1 black, 1 white. can rotate between them.

idea ! probably our frd would be wondering how ?

:light:

idea ! probably our frd would be wondering how ?

quite simple... since that disc is a flat mirror, using that same angle, a piece of white or black paper will be the backdrop. can use a small box to lay behind the backdrop to support the hdd while still maintaining an arc. then the other piece of paper will be directly opposite the disc. then it will reflect that image.

oh ya, clean the hdd with a blower.

quite simple... since that disc is a flat mirror, using that same angle, a piece of white or black paper will be the backdrop. can use a small box to lay behind the backdrop to support the hdd while still maintaining an arc. then the other piece of paper will be directly opposite the disc. then it will reflect that image.

oh ya, clean the hdd with a blower.

sounds good.. i'll give it a try..

try le show me .
cause i dun quite understand how to place the 2 piece of paper. = /

ok.. i used white paper as the background.. when i tried the method of covering the wall with paper, i realised that i probably need 2-3 sheets of mahjong paper to do the job.. So i din implement that part..

here's another effort.. the blue in the disk is the reflection off my wall. Cant clean/blow off those 'specs of dust' as they are not dust. Just dents in the disk.

n5ggpf.jpg

OMG. Did you drop this at Sentosa into the sea? Seriously; maybe PS out the dents.

And make it more reflective looking. See here for some commercial well lit examples.
istockphoto_5741789-computer-hard-drive.jpg

istockphoto_5718142-computer-hard-drive.jpg

ok.. i used white paper as the background.. when i tried the method of covering the wall with paper, i realised that i probably need 2-3 sheets of mahjong paper to do the job.. So i din implement that part..

here's another effort.. the blue in the disk is the reflection off my wall. Cant clean/blow off those 'specs of dust' as they are not dust. Just dents in the disk.

n5ggpf.jpg

a little better now.

OMG. Did you drop this at Sentosa into the sea? Seriously; maybe PS out the dents.

no leh.. after it broke (cannot read) me and my buddy set on it.. We used hammers, screw drivers, pliers and what not to open it.. Then i used it as a mirror..

simple rite. but nitpik your background not layout properly, and the composition abit cmi.

hmm.. background was just pieces of paper put together.. but true, wasn't done properly. Composition i feel i'm sort of 'stuck' around those angles.. If i try to vary, will catch undesired reflections.. But point noted.. Will think of more angles..

hmm.. background was just pieces of paper put together.. but true, wasn't done properly. Composition i feel i'm sort of 'stuck' around those angles.. If i try to vary, will catch undesired reflections.. But point noted.. Will think of more angles..

well, a hdd only so small... u just need an A4 paper to do reflection, a A3 paper as backdrop.

to be more adventurous, you can print a multi point star on the paper and use as a reflection to get a more 3D effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.