HDD Wipeout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
Well, it's not really a big deal but anyhow, i just managed to wipe out every single picture i ever told while trying to install my new HDD... :(

Only comfort is i have uploaded the "keepers" (and a few not to good ones) in pbase already... oh well....

:( :rolleyes: :cry: :embrass:

Originally posted by nEkOgOtCh
No CDRW? Oh don't take it too hard ok? :) At least you are 40GB larger :pPP

Got. Burnt the older shots and have themn kept some where, but the newer ones, especially the portraiture shots... save for those upload in pbase... all gone.

This'll teach me...

As for having a 40Gb larger HDD, it isn't going to happen till i manage to sucessfully install it... :cry: :( ;p

How did you manage that? What exactly did you do? Was this an additional HDD or did you try to replace your old HDD with the new one? What hardware are you using? Brand of PC?

I added an extra 40 gigger to my Dell PC. It was a 5 minute job and no trouble at all. It's been working well for the past ttwo years.

Originally posted by sriram
How did you manage that? What exactly did you do? Was this an additional HDD or did you try to replace your old HDD with the new one? What hardware are you using? Brand of PC?

I added an extra 40 gigger to my Dell PC. It was a 5 minute job and no trouble at all. It's been working well for the past ttwo years.

Lets just say i screwed up... :embrass:

Anyhow, i got my new 40G HDD up and running but my 3 Gig where most of my shots are stored are forever gone...

:cry:

Originally posted by Wolfgang

Lets just say i screwed up... :embrass:

Anyhow, i got my new 40G HDD up and running but my 3 Gig where most of my shots are stored are forever gone...

:cry:

My condolences...... can i buy you a beer?? :(

But hey, this gives me YET ANOTHER GOOD REASON to shoot more and hopefully, achieve a higher rate of keepers!

Clean slate and all, if you know what i mean. :)

Nitrotech, i'll happily accept, but only if you allow me to buy you one back. :D

You may want to try getting Norton Utilities to try "unformatting" your c: drive. Install the OS and Norton onto your NEW hard disk (don't write onto the old one), set the old one as a slave and try to recover it.

Nitrotech, i'll happily accept, but only if you allow me to buy you one back. :D

Sure.... anytime.... maybe Holland V, then take some pics there too..... idea??

;)

Originally posted by StreetShooter
You may want to try getting Norton Utilities to try "unformatting" your c: drive. Install the OS and Norton onto your NEW hard disk (don't write onto the old one), set the old one as a slave and try to recover it.

If you want, try out Easy Recovery Pro..
Worked like a charm when i accidentally reformatted my partition... :)
Hope it'll work for you though!

Dun be so sad. This shows the power of film SLR.. heheheheheh... no need scard of format.

Well, it's not really a big deal but anyhow, i just managed to wipe out every single picture i ever told while trying to install my new HDD... :(

Only comfort is i have uploaded the "keepers" (and a few not to good ones) in pbase already... oh well....

:( :rolleyes: :cry: :embrass:

You can try disaster recovery if you really want your pictures back.

Originally posted by Verre Vrai

You can try disaster recovery if you really want your pictures back.

Just a reminder > don't write over the affected HDD with anything..
I suggest that you plug it out from the system first before any proggie (maybe Windows?) writes something in the background w/o you knowing...
If you write on the HDD, chiam liao.:devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.