Hdd : Nas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndroo

Staff member
Nov 22, 2003
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
I've a few (not too) old HDD and instead of having several HDD casings, I thought maybe I can find some gadget like those NAS that I can shove all of them in one bigger 'casing'. Is there such a thing? I asked around shops and all they have are SATA ones. Any recommendations? My several casings are all different and I got really fed up of having to swap the power adapters everytime I need to access different HDD. Hehe.

I've a few (not too) old HDD and instead of having several HDD casings, I thought maybe I can find some gadget like those NAS that I can shove all of them in one bigger 'casing'. Is there such a thing? I asked around shops and all they have are SATA ones. Any recommendations? My several casings are all different and I got really fed up of having to swap the power adapters everytime I need to access different HDD. Hehe.

DROBO! :bsmilie:

:embrass:Ya la. I bought a couple of them years ago and still can't fill them up with photos. What to do? :dunno: :embrass:

Nowadays all the HDDs are satas. Setup and installation are easy. For IDE you may need an long IDE cable to master and slaves. That is a lot of work. :sweat:

Nowadays all the HDDs are satas. Setup and installation are easy. For IDE you may need an long IDE cable to master and slaves. That is a lot of work. :sweat:

Ya lor :sweat:

Just bought a 2TB to backup all my DVDs and music. Not sure if I should get another to replace all my old IDE ones. Bo lui liao :cry:

Ya lor :sweat:

Just bought a 2TB to backup all my DVDs and music. Not sure if I should get another to replace all my old IDE ones. Bo lui liao :cry:

Same here. My Drobo is running 2 TB currently (4 X 500gig) . Will be replacing them with 1TB once it hit the max. I was considering getting the Drobo S once it lauched. It have 5 HDD bays.

Status
Not open for further replies.