Oct 18, 2004
utopia
minlon.wordpress.com
Office rental goin down!
Private Appartment goin down too!
Shop space cheaper now!
recession sets in....
But, HDB valuation still high, Why?

perhaps the price is controlled by the HDB....??

This is in fact true, whether or not intentionally.

HDB prices its new flats based on resale flat pricing, and hence, the tail chases the head and the head is propped up by the tail.

perhaps the price is controlled by the HDB....??

HDB prices its new flats based on resale flat pricing, and hence, the tail chases the head and the head is propped up by the tail.

I didn't understand any head or tail of this...:confused:

At least 80% singaporeans stay in HDB, we wouldnt want in any situations lost in paper value. This is where all our CPF money is, our retirements etc. Government or HDB say they never control, they cant control, but they influence heavily by Supply. Hence, buying a HDB is sure win in most situations.

If you buy a flat/house to stay in and not to speculate/upgrade/downgrade, then you have nothing to fear as far as paper value is concerned.

At least 80% singaporeans stay in HDB, we wouldnt want in any situations lost in paper value. This is where all our CPF money is, our retirements etc. Government or HDB say they never control, they cant control, but they influence heavily by Supply. Hence, buying a HDB is sure win in most situations.

Office rental goin down!
Private Appartment goin down too!
Shop space cheaper now!
recession sets in....
But, HDB valuation still high, Why?

Because it is not low la....!

Most of the hdb flats valuation is base on comparetative methods. Meaning the valuers will compared the price of the flats in the area to determine the valuation. Valuation will onli be low if the purchasing price is low!

And there is something i would like to stress on bring upon ur attention in which a lot of people misunderstood about valuation report that is:

1) Valuation does not determine the price of a property.

2) Valuation is to assist the purchaser in taking housing loan.

So if u are not taking loan not using CPF U, Paying by cash u dun need a valuation report!

No need to bother about the valuation high or low. Just Buy the flat at market rate or the price u are comfortable with.

:cheers:

I guess it's still early days?

You planning to move? I'm also seriously considering to get a place for my own ...

same here...waiting only. Hehehe :bsmilie:

Bros... if u are thinking of getting a flat in a location near ammenities like Center, Mrt etc... advice to u is no need to wait cos the price will not be much difference!:)

As the market peaks have supass previous peak but the low will not supass the previous low.

IIRC Not 100% based on resale when brand new unless they are those 5yrs flat and still not sold then those will be based on market rate!:)

If you buy a flat/house to stay in and not to speculate/upgrade/downgrade, then you have nothing to fear as far as paper value is concerned.

No worry about paper value la.......Properties on the whole if u look at the graphs it is always upward trend so if u have the holding power just hold on and wait for the right time to sell!:bsmilie:

Nothing is 100%. But it is common and public knowledge that brand new flats are priced based on resale flats. That is how the term "market subsidy" came about. This applies even for brand new flats.

Your logic is strange, are you saying that they jackup the price when it is not sold?

IIRC Not 100% based on resale when brand new unless they are those 5yrs flat and still not sold then those will be based on market rate!:)

No worry about paper value la.......Properties on the whole if u look at the graphs it is always upward trend so if u have the holding power just hold on and wait for the right time to sell!:bsmilie:

Well, its for those taking it as investment. I have no plans to sell in near future, perhaps till its fully paid...wow long time

Nothing is 100%. But it is common and public knowledge that brand new flats are priced based on resale flats. That is how the term "market subsidy" came about. This applies even for brand new flats.

Your logic is strange, are you saying that they jackup the price when it is not sold?

Bro not my logic HDB la......IIRC after 5 yrs not sold they will sell them at slightly lower then market rate all this will fall under the balloting system. :) unless there is any latest changes can check with HDB cos i got no dealings with them unless Resale!:sweatsm:

Well, its for those taking it as investment. I have no plans to sell in near future, perhaps till its fully paid...wow long time

Then no worries for u!:thumbsup: Stay for good is the best!:thumbsup:

Orh okay lor, it wasn't clear from your initial post that you are talking about your perception of HDB's logic.

Bro not my logic HDB la......IIRC after 5 yrs not sold they will sell them at slightly lower then market rate all this will fall under the balloting system. :) unless there is any latest changes can check with HDB cos i got no dealings with them unless Resale!:sweatsm:

Orh okay lor, it wasn't clear from your initial post that you are talking about your perception of HDB's logic.

:bsmilie: No prob! heee..... ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.