Aug 20, 2005
How much would you guys pay for HDB studio ? 6 hrs approx
inclusive of Model and lighting
500 W 2 pcs i and 250 w
2 model and a 1 make up artist
Inclusive of basic introduction to studio lighting usage
Refreshment and lunch included
thought of starting one at home

welcome dat idea..which part of singapore is ur HDB studio gonna be?

PCYL said:
How much would you guys pay for HDB studio ? 6 hrs approx
inclusive of Model and lighting
500 W 2 pcs i and 250 w
2 model and a 1 make up artist
Inclusive of basic introduction to studio lighting usage
thought of starting one at home

You got approval from HDB to do that?

the way you asked this question is 'so singaporeans'. remember hdb's home business scheme?

blurblock said:
You got approval from HDB to do that?

how many square meter for your HDB studio?

the only reservation i have about hdb studio is the low ceiling.

PCYL said:
Haha, that's a cool idea to attract customers!

Really, as reachme2003 has mentioned, the low ceiling may restrict your model height - most probably sit-down only. Another issue is that your room better be fully air-conditioned, as the modeling lights may get hot. You'll also need to light-proof the room.

Small studios charge $50-$70 for a 2-hour block for room and equipment usage only. You may want to take it from there.

I have extra room in my new flat, it come into my mind to furnish it up with some equipments and rent it out.

Ah Pao said:
Haha, that's a cool idea to attract customers!

Really, as reachme2003 has mentioned, the low ceiling may restrict your model height - most probably sit-down only. Another issue is that your room better be fully air-conditioned, as the modeling lights may get hot. You'll also need to light-proof the room.

Small studios charge $50-$70 for a 2-hour block for room and equipment usage only. You may want to take it from there.
How much does a set of studio equipments cost?

reachme2003 said:
the way you asked this question is 'so singaporeans'. remember hdb's home business scheme?

If I remembered correctly, you still have to apply for the home business scheme through HDB. But don't worry it's just a formality, usually just take a day.

But if you are going to be running your studio regularly as a business, you might have to check with the relevant authorities regarding fire safety and electrical loads.

How big is the studio going to be? Can you take full height portrait shots using, say, an 85mm lens or do you need to use a WA lens, which is not really suitable for portraitures. Also, 3 lights may not be enough. I would say that you should have a minimum of 4 lights available for use (whether you need to use all of them at once or just occasionally is another issue).

Status
Not open for further replies.