HDB studio for newbie


Status
Not open for further replies.

PCYL

New Member
Aug 20, 2005
413
0
0
#1
How much would you guys pay for HDB studio ? 6 hrs approx
inclusive of Model and lighting
500 W 2 pcs i and 250 w
2 model and a 1 make up artist
Inclusive of basic introduction to studio lighting usage
Refreshment and lunch included
thought of starting one at home
 

creator

New Member
Mar 15, 2006
11
0
0
#2
welcome dat idea..which part of singapore is ur HDB studio gonna be?
 

blurblock

Senior Member
May 30, 2003
3,827
0
0
ytphoto.clubsnap.org
#3
PCYL said:
How much would you guys pay for HDB studio ? 6 hrs approx
inclusive of Model and lighting
500 W 2 pcs i and 250 w
2 model and a 1 make up artist
Inclusive of basic introduction to studio lighting usage
Refreshment and lunch included
thought of starting one at home
You got approval from HDB to do that?
 

reachme2003

Senior Member
Oct 6, 2003
3,735
0
0
#4
the way you asked this question is 'so singaporeans'. remember hdb's home business scheme?

blurblock said:
You got approval from HDB to do that?
 

nokia

New Member
Oct 2, 2005
46
0
0
#5
how many square meter for your HDB studio?
 

reachme2003

Senior Member
Oct 6, 2003
3,735
0
0
#6
the only reservation i have about hdb studio is the low ceiling.
 

Ah Pao

Senior Member
Nov 7, 2003
1,663
0
36
Singapore
www.facebook.com
#7
PCYL said:
Refreshment and lunch included
Haha, that's a cool idea to attract customers!

Really, as reachme2003 has mentioned, the low ceiling may restrict your model height - most probably sit-down only. Another issue is that your room better be fully air-conditioned, as the modeling lights may get hot. You'll also need to light-proof the room.

Small studios charge $50-$70 for a 2-hour block for room and equipment usage only. You may want to take it from there.
 

dRebelXT

New Member
May 14, 2005
1,636
0
0
#8
I have extra room in my new flat, it come into my mind to furnish it up with some equipments and rent it out.
 

dRebelXT

New Member
May 14, 2005
1,636
0
0
#9
Ah Pao said:
Haha, that's a cool idea to attract customers!

Really, as reachme2003 has mentioned, the low ceiling may restrict your model height - most probably sit-down only. Another issue is that your room better be fully air-conditioned, as the modeling lights may get hot. You'll also need to light-proof the room.

Small studios charge $50-$70 for a 2-hour block for room and equipment usage only. You may want to take it from there.
How much does a set of studio equipments cost?
 

Prismatic

Senior Member
Feb 25, 2003
1,323
0
36
38
In the void.
Visit site
#11
reachme2003 said:
the way you asked this question is 'so singaporeans'. remember hdb's home business scheme?
If I remembered correctly, you still have to apply for the home business scheme through HDB. But don't worry it's just a formality, usually just take a day.

But if you are going to be running your studio regularly as a business, you might have to check with the relevant authorities regarding fire safety and electrical loads.
 

syl

New Member
Nov 1, 2005
810
0
0
Singapore
#12
How big is the studio going to be? Can you take full height portrait shots using, say, an 85mm lens or do you need to use a WA lens, which is not really suitable for portraitures. Also, 3 lights may not be enough. I would say that you should have a minimum of 4 lights available for use (whether you need to use all of them at once or just occasionally is another issue).
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom