HDB makes gems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweek

Jan 17, 2002
East
www.weekai.com
saw the rays from the morning sun reflecting from the windows of the block, so took these shots with the star-6. How do you guys find the effect? I quite like it. ;)

ssP4023524.jpg

sP4023525.jpg

interesting...... nice concept.....

excellent

thanks. Will look out for such opportunities next time to use the star-6. It is terribly underutilised cos I don't like to use them in night shots, too overwhelming.

wonder how much that filter cost....

Originally posted by eadwine
wonder how much that filter cost....

eadwine, very cheap onli, $10-$15? go get one...:)

or maybe don't need cos you'll get starburst effect with your F707 when u use larger F-stops. But the effect won't be as pronounced as with the star-6 filter.

Originally posted by Tweek

eadwine, very cheap onli, $10-$15? go get one...:)

or maybe don't need cos you'll get starburst effect with your F707 when u use larger F-stops. But the effect won't be as pronounced as with the star-6 filter.

i noticed dat some ppl actually did de star effect wif their cams w/o de filter...but the effect isn't as colourful as using de filter...

Tell me which is nicer

new-bridge.jpg

Sony F707 with F2.0 and no filter

bridge.jpg

Sony F505V with 8s exposure, no tripod somemore, no filter...that was my first shot with F505V

wtc.jpg

Sony F707 with F2.0 and Star-6 filter

Surprised? i like the star effect from the F505V more than from F707...it is so much natural than using filter

saw the rays from the morning sun reflecting from the windows of the block, so took these shots with the star-6. How do you guys find the effect? I quite like it. ;)

Hi there. Really like yr pics and gallery. Pretty elaborate description there. Anyway, any recommendations on where to buy that intelligent charger of yours? How much does it costs?

Originally posted by janzguy
Hi there. Really like yr pics and gallery. Pretty elaborate description there. Anyway, any recommendations on where to buy that intelligent charger of yours? How much does it costs?

Thanks janzguy :) Glad that someone likes my website and pictures. About that charger, it can be found at Mustafa, for only $18 or so. A lot of us here are using that charger, very good value for money!

Originally posted by siron
nice stars... what filters are that?

it's a star-six. There are also star-eight (with 8 spikes) and cross-screen (with 4 spikes) available.

see here

it's a star-six. There are also star-eight (with 8 spikes) and cross-screen (with 4 spikes) available.

see here

But by playing with the shuttle speed can get this kinda effect liao right? I mean just UV filter. Here's one pic I took..

rocher.jpg

Yar can, but not with shutter speed but rather aperture. Using a smaller aperture (large F-stop) can result in more distinct starburst effect. But the effect will be subtle, not as pronounced as using the star-six filter. I prefer it to be subtle actually. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.