HDB insider infromation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's not difficult to get a flat per say. it's only difficult if you die die must aim for that 'lucky house number' or windy direction or prosperous fengshui flat, which any typical block will only have that 10 odd units. Look at all the empty units in the estates from Tiong Bahru, to Bishan, to Jurong West and Sengkang... the flats are there, it's just singaporeans who must have the best location for their money. Hence, you get queues.

Personally, i got a new flat in a prime location for a good price and i didn't even queue. We waited for everyone to take their pick and looked at the leftovers. Peacefully, we strolled into HDB Hub on an empty and quiet day and spent the most pleasant hour settling the house ownership without anyone else around us. At the end of it, i still got a 21st floor flat in Kim Tian, which faces an open space. It's not the BEST flat in the block, but it's still a good home and it's up to the ppl who live in it to make it a warm and comfortable place. Basically, i think singaporeans are just kiasu.

Hehehe, I heard a fight broke out when two guys in the queue went to the toilet and some lady (who was NOT from HDB and was also in the queue) decided to give out queue numbers (her own). These two guys came back and were told they didn't have a number so they had to go to the back of the line. They were not happy, obviously :bsmilie:

buy a land and build a house best, no need to queue :thumbsup:

I believe it might be case of people acting on "rumor".

Quite similar to "news" in forums like CS or Dpreview or for that matter stock market tracking. If you search and follow enough, you'll find something that the average joe who sit and wait wouldn't know till the news have already spread.

i think those in hdb who possesses such info are governed by the OSA. so, releasing them 'unofficially' and prematurely may be an infringement.

so far, hdb has not responded to numerous letters about WIS to Today.

so far, hdb has not responded to numerous letters about WIS to Today.

HDB always keep quiet on any questions posed to them or answering them in an out-of-point manner. E.g. when quizzed on why is the costs of a 4 room selling at $200k when the costs is only lesser than $50k, they give all sorts of replies but never straight to the point.

But most of the times, keeping quiet is better than shooting their mouths off (a good example is the most recent case of TT). :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

HDB always keep quiet on any questions posed to them or answering them in an out-of-point manner. E.g. when quizzed on why is the costs of a 4 room selling at $200k when the costs is only lesser than $50k, they give all sorts of replies but never straight to the point.

But most of the times, keeping quiet is better than shooting their mouths off (a good example is the most recent case of TT). :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Yes, they seem to be quiet about it and that is a good strategy.

I make a few enquiries back to them and they have not gotten back to me, just note a "thank you for your feedback". I wonder if ever they do "listen" and "read" feedbacks from the public.

Flats are no longer so cheap (price closer towards condo), comparatively to 15 years back. I am very curious what is the cost of a flat (to build) and how long the average Singaporeans take to service the HDB loan compare to 20 years back.

Yes, they seem to be quiet about it and that is a good strategy.

I make a few enquiries back to them and they have not gotten back to me, just note a "thank you for your feedback". I wonder if ever they do "listen" and "read" feedbacks from the public.

Flats are no longer so cheap (price closer towards condo), comparatively to 15 years back. I am very curious what is the cost of a flat (to build) and how long the average Singaporeans take to service the HDB loan compare to 20 years back.

I'm not too sure what the backlog of the number of emails are...

Perhaps they will need to employ 5 full time staffs, just for replying email. The costs of a 4 room flat should not exceed $60k based on a tender price awarded. This has been reflected in the Straits Times forum by a reader before.

IIRC, most HDB dwellers are on the maximum 30 years loan. It is especially more worthwhile if you are on HDB loan.

I'm not too sure what the backlog of the number of emails are...

Perhaps they will need to employ 5 full time staffs, just for replying email. The costs of a 4 room flat should not exceed $60k based on a tender price awarded. This has been reflected in the Straits Times forum by a reader before.

IIRC, most HDB dwellers are on the maximum 30 years loan. It is especially more worthwhile if you are on HDB loan.

Yup. I know several older HDB dwellers holding much shorter duration loans (etc 15 years) 2 decades back. Comparing to 2 decades , it is probably easier previously to service the loan much faster back then (that is imho). However, this is the statistic that that is probably more worthwhile to look at to see if the HDB value has inflated much more than the average disposable income and how much is "subsidized" compare to 1975.

However, this is the statistic that that is probably more worthwhile to look at to see if the HDB value has inflated much more than the average disposable income and how much is "subsidized" compare to 1975.

I almost forgot that HDB flats are "subsidized". :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I almost forgot that HDB flats are "subsidized". :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

hahahaha....

It is so "subsidized" that some condo pricing are not far from the resale price (of HDB).

Kudos to the property market

Status
Not open for further replies.