HDB and URA car park fee to be increased on 1 Dec 2016

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/hdb-and-ura-to-raise-carpark-charges-from-dec-1

The "long time never increase so must increase" argument again... Do consider this when buying your second or third car.

Do consider EVERY COST before even buying your 1st Car... Car ownership will NEVER be cheap in SG....so if you are unwilling to pay COE, ERP, Road Tax, high petrol price and expensive parking fee in town and all around... then don't even think of getting a car...

I guess I am even happier to be driven around all the time nowadays. No need to worry about parking.

Car ownership will NEVER be cheap in SG....

which makes it prestigious and a mark of "you made it, you deserve it" (like what car ads say)... hence, a part of the Singapore dream...

which makes it prestigious and a mark of "you made it, you deserve it" (like what car ads say)... hence, a part of the Singapore dream...

I interpret that You ask for it:)

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/hdb-and-ura-to-raise-carpark-charges-from-dec-1

The "long time never increase so must increase" argument again... Do consider this when buying your second or third car.

Instead of 2nd or 3rd car you should get a boat.

Travelling around Singapore by boat is more enjoyable and no traffic lights and parking problem. :)

oak029340.jpg

Anyone born in SG after the 80s should know by now how $$$$ it is to own a car or any other form of motorize transport... those I mentioned should also know by now, how this current Govt is trying to discourage the average citizen from Car Ownership....

And with the onset of COE and ERP since the 90s... one should by now, come to the conclusion, that Car Ownership will only get more $$$$...

Therefore if you plan to get a car... be damn sure ready to pay through the nose to earn that 'Privilege' as a car owner... if you need to KPKB everytime ERP/Fuel/Parking rise... then you better reconsider about owning a vehicle in SG....

Do consider whether a car is really the solution. Motorbikes are cheaper in every aspect. Call a cab if you need a car.
I have friends and colleagues who use a cab daily for their travel to work and back. Guess what, they pay less per month than what others pay for their car.

It is a reasonable increase lah. There have been some upgrades to facilities like gantries, empty lots sensors, lifts, etc.

Car ownership is always expensive. Easily have to set aside 1k or more per month. It is always a trade off between convenience and cost. You can take taxis and uber but there are limitations.

Instead of 2nd or 3rd car you should get a boat.

Travelling around Singapore by boat is more enjoyable and no traffic lights and parking problem. :)

oak029340.jpg
No lor...Unless you bring your boat home...wakaka...

Regardless motorised or non-motorised boat, you have to registered it. For motorised pleasure craft, you need to apply PPCDL.

You cannot simply just "park" or moor your boat anywhere you liked. MPA will tow away :cool: You have to get a paid space at any of the marinas to house your boat, and it's not cheap too. Otherwise, bring your boat home. Nothing is free. ;p

In SG, least concern on loosing money, they will tell you higher operating cost(lower profit lah)...an excuse to suck more.

Oh yeah...today just announced, electricity tariff will be up by %9.2...what's next? :bsmilie:

Last edited:
In SG, least concern on loosing money, they will tell you higher operating cost(lower profit lah)...an excuse to suck more.

Oh yeah...today just announced, electricity tariff will be up by %9.2...what's next? :bsmilie:

Wanton noodle soup is up 40 cents in my food court.

A pack of handy tissue now costs $1.60 in some "establishments" in Geylang and Orchard Towers. So bring your own. :bsmilie:

Wanton noodle soup is up 40 cents in my food court.

A pack of handy tissue now costs $1.60 in some "establishments" in Geylang and Orchard Towers. So bring your own. :bsmilie:

Some public toilets up from 10 cents to 20 cents - 100% increase!

In my opinion, this increase is reasonable after 14 years? BUT the unfortunate thing is, many others related or non-related items will also follow soon.

We wait for a organisation will some authority to come out and say something. Then some organization under pressure will say something but as good as nothing. Eventually we all accepted and continue to pay lor.