HD5 channel

leowyien

Jan 31, 2010
Serangoon
bought a full hd tv but my channel 2, 8 all not sharp. Wad is the hd 5 channel? is there a way to make it sharper?

bought a full hd tv but my channel 2, 8 all not sharp. Wad is the hd 5 channel? is there a way to make it sharper?

HD 5 is accessed using mio TV set top box, which connects to the mio (****)box, which connects to ur phone wire.

K anyway, I forgot what the channel is, but it's not the default channel 5. Got to switch on ur mio TV set top box, change the video input to the one that ur set top box is connected to, then browse through the channels to select HD 5

i dont hv the mio thingy.

if your tv don't have DTV tuner, you will not be able to tune to digital channel unless you connect via a digital set top box.

i dont hv the mio thingy.

Are you on the Starhub HD box? You'll need to press * to change the resolution. It's in the manual too.

Are you on the Starhub HD box? You'll need to press * to change the resolution. It's in the manual too.

Starhub got HD5 one? :think: i thought dun have...

None not starhub, cancelled subscription a few days ago as no $ liao.

I tot samsung can without set up box

None not starhub, cancelled subscription a few days ago as no $ liao.

I tot samsung can without set up box

Nah I really doubt so. Normal channel 5 broadcast content in standard quality only, there is no real way of getting HD content from channel 5. HD TVs provide up to HD resolution, but if the channel doesn't broadcast in HD resolution, you can't get HD quality content.

To watch HD5, you'll need either a Mio TV box, or a Starhub HD box or Hubstation HD, or you'll need an external HD TV tuner. Some TV may come with an integrated digital TV tuner. You can also connect your computer to your TV if it has a PCI-E or USB digital TV card.

Nah I really doubt so. Normal channel 5 broadcast content in standard quality only, there is no real way of getting HD content from channel 5. HD TVs provide up to HD resolution, but if the channel doesn't broadcast in HD resolution, you can't get HD quality content.

Channel 5 and HD 5 are seperate channels, but showing the same programmes. So even if the TV comes with an integrated digital TV tuner, you'll need to tune to HD5 to receive it.

Channel 5 and HD 5 are seperate channels, but showing the same programmes. So even if the TV comes with an integrated digital TV tuner, you'll need to tune to HD5 to receive it.

How do i tune to hd 5

our rooftop antenna can receive digital BUT our TV is connected to scv socket which link your TV to underground, hence you cant receive digital.

solution:

if you have a digital tv tuner or if it is built in, all you need to get in indoor antenna ( digital type). get active type( meaning with powder adapter).

i am using this :

ant_ind_tva600.jpg

can tune in to digital 8, digital CNA, digital 5 and HD 5. you might not able to receive channel U when you use digital antenna.

there is a long discussion in hwz :

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=1879954

anyway, i bought already also never used, local shows suck big time anyway.

good luck your finding, dont buy those cheapo antenna.

ps: tuner and antenna are both different thing.

Last edited:
Starhub just launch a suit of HD channels, total got 14 to subscribe, some are free till end of the year. Yup HD5 is on ch155 Starhub.

Starhub just launch a suit of HD channels, total got 14 to subscribe, some are free till end of the year. Yup HD5 is on ch155 Starhub.

ah havent been keeping up with these kinda things.

our rooftop antenna can receive digital BUT our TV is connected to scv socket which link your TV to underground, hence you cant receive digital.

solution:

if you have a digital tv tuner or if it is built in, all you need to get in indoor antenna ( digital type). get active type( meaning with powder adapter).

i am using this :

ant_ind_tva600.jpg

can tune in to digital 8, digital CNA, digital 5 and HD 5. you might not able to receive channel U when you use digital antenna.

there is a long discussion in hwz :

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=1879954

anyway, i bought already also never used, local shows suck big time anyway.

good luck your finding, dont buy those cheapo antenna.

ps: tuner and antenna are both different thing.

Sorry to cut..

I use this to tune into RCTI..
Channel U cannot, but RCTI can.. :bsmilie:

Older HDB flats still have the socket for the antenna at the rooftop rite.. so for these case just need the digital tuner? and plug into the old TV ANT socket?

If you tv hv digital tuner (all new tv likely shd hv):
1. If you don't have SCV/MioTV and hopefully your wall antenna have a digital signal (mine have), just plug your TV antenne and tune in the digital channel HD5
2. As what ninelives mention, bought a digital antenna