HD PENTAX-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR

ranchy

Jan 11, 2010
Saw a thread at Pentaxforum in regards to this rumoured lens.

Not sure how true is the rumour or news of it in this link below.

http://digicame-info.com/2013/11/hd-pentax-da-20-40mm-f28-4-ed-1.html

But a new HD PENTAX-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR look interesting.

Pictures of it:
pentax_hdda20-40_black_001.jpg

pentax_hdda20-40_silver_001.jpg

wow .Interesting

eeyy..if its a zoom lens..how come it will have the DOF scale on the lens barrel? I thought the DOF depends on the focal length and aperture? Given that it is a zoom, focal length will change and the DOF will change as well

Note: This is what I think only..Maybe I am wrong...

remind me of M 24-35 f3.5.

9832414326_79ba7f9922_z.jpg

Last edited:
Sure is a beautiful lens.
Small too.

I think it will suit my need for a small 20-28mm well.
Wanted something small like my k24 and also wideish like the DA21.
Now this may have all that and fast f2.8 at the wider end
If true of course....

very nice! especially the WR... have been less adventurous with my 15 & 31 combo. now I can venture out with confidence, if this beauty actually comes...

This lens may also pair nicely with GXR using PK-M adapter.

Seems like this was not in the Pentax lens ever evolving roadmap. Really hope they come out with another DA* zoom lens which was previously featured in their roadmap but has become a DA instead. Hmmm...

It'd be great if this is true. I read somewhere that it is very likely a macro lens like the DA 35mm F2.8 limited.

Seems like this was not in the Pentax lens ever evolving roadmap. Really hope they come out with another DA* zoom lens which was previously featured in their roadmap but has become a DA instead. Hmmm...

I think the previous DA* in the roadmap has been replaced with something else. You got to look at their latest copy. Pentax has also stated

this "roadmap may vary in response to market situation". So what we see are tentatively planned but not a confirmation of their plan. I am as eager to

see their DA* zoom with a new motor but knew that it is unlikely to happen in near future. We may need to wait a little longer...

First time see " limited "zoom...interesting. .am curious about the performance.

it's not only a limited zoom, it adds on a DC motor + HD + WR which are really something new in a limited lens. If the aperture

is F2.8 throughout then it definitely would be very impressive. Performance wise, we always assume that a limited lens = great

IQ, & good performance.

it's not only a limited zoom, it adds on a DC motor + HD + WR which are really something new in a limited lens. If the aperture

is F2.8 throughout then it definitely would be very impressive. Performance wise, we always assume that a limited lens = great

IQ, & good performance.

Not to mention, something that all other camera brands cannot give in a lens for aps-c dslrs, small size.

Keep thinking of this lens.... jialat..

Last edited:
Not to mention, something that all other camera brands cannot give in a lens for aps-c dslrs, small size. Keep thinking of this lens.... jialat..

Having difficulty sleeping yah?

I was hoping they upgrade the 12-24 to 10-30mm f2.8, then we only need one lens.

Having difficulty sleeping yah?

I was hoping they upgrade the 12-24 to 10-30mm f2.8, then we only need one lens.

Wah... 10-30 f/2.8? I think the size would be somewhat like sigma 8-16 and 18-35.. :p

I like this new lens a lot but I'm still waiting for them to convert all DA Ltds to WR.. :/

20-40 f2.8 is huge

20-40 f4 will be even smaller .

comparing to sigma 20-40 f2.8, pentax is still small

_IGP0103.jpg

20-40 f2.8 is huge

20-40 f4 will be even smaller .

comparing to sigma 20-40 f2.8, pentax is still small

Haha! Huge sia! At that size, get the tamron 17-50/2.8 better....

But ya.. Pentax is all about being compact.
Be careful what you wish for.. Hehe!

It's a typo.

This is actually the 10-20mm WR lens that I have been requesting for from a long time ago. :bsmilie:

Imagine it on k01, will be Damn nice.. Hee.

Not to mention, something that all other camera brands cannot give in a lens for aps-c dslrs, small size.

Keep thinking of this lens.... jialat..

This is why Pentax is known to be the best ergonomic in its design. This lens looks great, the built is solid. I know it's very hard to

resist.:lovegrin: I am tempting to get it if the price is within my budget.