HD I/O Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennislim

Feb 10, 2003
Bishan
www.tripletsproductions.com
was wondering ... if a HD has an I/O Error at sector XXXXXXX
only one sector has this error, can the HD be still use ? when will it fail ?

Or If this is only one sector prob, how to get rid of it so that the HD becomes perfect again ...

dennislim said:
was wondering ... if a HD has an I/O Error at sector XXXXXXX
only one sector has this error, can the HD be still use ? when will it fail ?

Or If this is only one sector prob, how to get rid of it so that the HD becomes perfect again ...

one sector can still use, but it will 'spread' so your hdd will die in no time... try to do a back up and not a clone... cos by cloning, u duplicate the sector...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
one sector can still use, but it will 'spread' so your hdd will die in no time... try to do a back up and not a clone... cos by cloning, u duplicate the sector...

sighz ... like that its as good as dead liao mah ...
no way to save ?

Had that happen to me once. Kiss that HD goodbye, it's screwed. Unless you wanna spend money to have someone sort it out for you, if you have any critial information you need from the HD. Other than that you are just better off just getting a new HD.

hondasleeper said:
Had that happen to me once. Kiss that HD goodbye, it's screwed. Unless you wanna spend money to have someone sort it out for you, if you have any critial information you need from the HD. Other than that you are just better off just getting a new HD.

sian 1/2 ... =(

The HD is dying. better back up all the data...

Do a backup immediately. Do not wait for it to get worse (which it will). Buy a new hard disk and transfer all your data back.

Status
Not open for further replies.