Haw Par Villa

BBTM

Nov 23, 2004
BB West
Don't let history repeats itself, like the KTM railway/station, hardly got crowds before it was demolish and then, when it's about, full of people just to get the photos. It's free admission and so, grab the chance!

I was at Haw Par Villa yesterday whole day, before the gate opens till 7pm for time lapse and video clips. The color are still very nice and they did maintenance on it. During weekdays, it's quite empty and it's good for any kind of photography. The place still have resting points and trees providing shapes but you still gets burn if you into photography. Only bad is that not much shelter if rains, try to read weather forecast before going. Only weekend, they open the other toilet at the rear and so, you need to walk back to the first one during weekdays.

Maybe I might be back for just photography only and hopes, got a fine weather on it. :D

thanks for the heads up!

been like 20 years since i went there...frankly..the props..still spook me..:(

Don't go there if you're sensitive to other-worldly presences and are spooked by them

It is a pity as this was once an attraction in the 50 & 60. The problem is lack of parking.

It is a pity as this was once an attraction in the 50 & 60. The problem is lack of parking.

They have since built an MRT station right in front of it :bsmilie:

They have since built an MRT station right in front of it :bsmilie:

This is the Haw Par Village MRT station entrance: :bsmilie:

images

Don't go there if you're sensitive to other-worldly presences and are spooked by them

Go there with a open mind!

Good to know what other believe in.

I agree totally ; popped by there and was really surprised by that the statues are generally still well maintained after so many years.

The Hell exhibit still gave me a bit of creeps haha.
Now older Liao, kinda appreciate it differently and really hope it doesn't disappear to become a condo one day.

One recommendation is to go to the Botanical gardens after Haw Par Villa. Nearby and the scenery there is refreshing.

Ideal place for halloween party :)

From my last visit there. My advice is GO GO GO!

993668_526230954110218_1626507809_n.jpg

946286_526231324110181_2028643731_n.jpg

1560_526232490776731_235649211_n.jpg

I agree totally ; popped by there and was really surprised by that the statues are generally still well maintained after so many years. The Hell exhibit still gave me a bit of creeps haha. Now older Liao, kinda appreciate it differently and really hope it doesn't disappear to become a condo one day. One recommendation is to go to the Botanical gardens after Haw Par Villa. Nearby and the scenery there is refreshing.

The hell exhibit is good place to try out your cam high ISO capability

The hell exhibit is good place to try out your cam high ISO capability

I used hand held twilight from rx100. Comes out nicely. I also use pj660 for some video clips. Got people over there re painting some of the display. Some of it still bright in colors.