Having steady hands - How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjl

Aug 8, 2002
The Guilin of Spore
Visit site
OK..I dunno if this is the correct forum to ask this...

But how do u all "steadies" your digicam?

I understand abt the tripod theory and stuff, but I do believe there will be occasions u need to take a shot with just ur bare hands (and ur cam).

So, is there ways to "steadies" your digicam? Training the arms perhaps?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My problem:

I own a Panasonic FZ50. I just relieased that my photos aint sharp and v blur. Its only my friend who noticed that my hands are shaking a little even when I am holding a plastic fork.

I wonders if this got to do with my fatness..long time never execise since Army....long time never do push up or chin up....:D

So I am wondering if anyone who also suffer the same fate like me (read : having unsteady hands) and solutions to resolve this..

Thanks in advance....

OK..I dunno if this is the correct forum to ask this...

But how do u all "steadies" your digicam?

I understand abt the tripod theory and stuff, but I do believe there will be occasions u need to take a shot with just ur bare hands (and ur cam)

So, is there ways to "steadies" your digicam? Training the arms perhaps?

Thanks in advance....

Use your bodies...

hold the camera close to your body and your arms will be held tighter and firmer... Else use objects to rest on... This is actually quite like firing a fire-arm, most of the guys who went thru NS would have some idea on what I'm talking about. ;)

well, one of ways that works especially well for me is to simply not frame your picture for too long... in other-words, know what you're gonna shoot and when you do, bring up the camera take a breath, exhale and shoot.

the longer you spend holding up the camera to your face, the more prone you are to hand-shakiness.

still, ultimately its to the individual, some are born with rock steady hands, others arent.

Breathing technique: this is what I learnt in the army, take in full breath and slowly let go one third, hold your breath while firing (shoting).

1) Try to get a support
- leaning sideway on pillar, tree etc
- table under elbows
- prone using bag as support for camera

2) Tuck elbows close to body and press camera onto face (flat nose warning:sweat: )

2) Use heavier equiment:confused:

3) Take in half breath when pressing shutter

4) Use VR

Don't drunk and shoot.

Avoid caffeine as it make heart beat faster.

Regards,
Arto.

Breathing technique: this is what I learnt in the army, take in full breath and slowly let go one third, hold your breath while firing (shoting).

thanks bro. now you make me feel like i am holding an M16, everytime i hold my camera! :bsmilie:

Don't drunk and shoot.

Avoid caffeine as it make heart beat faster.

Regards,
Arto.
Oh no... I drink coffee like drink water like that...

Get an stabilized lens. (IS or VR). :bsmilie:

thanks bro. now you make me feel like i am holding an M16, everytime i hold my camera! :bsmilie:
No seriously, it does work. Apply the fundamentals you learn in NS for shooting a rifle to photography. This is especially true when handholding long lens of 200mm and above. Besides the reciprocal rule for handholding (1/focal length), you need to exercise good breathing technique, good posture/stance, lock your arms into position etc. Also not to "snap" or "jerk" on the shutter button but squeeze gently and follow through smoothly.

No seriously, it does work. Apply the fundamentals you learn in NS for shooting a rifle to photography. This is especially true when handholding long lens of 200mm and above. Besides the reciprocal rule for handholding (1/focal length), you need to exercise good breathing technique, good posture/stance, lock your arms into position etc. Also not to "snap" or "jerk" on the shutter button but squeeze gently and follow through smoothly.

this i agree...cause i also do that...

1.) Hold camera as close to face as possible (best is to press viewfinder eyepiece to eye)
2.) Open both eyes to compose picture
3.) Breathing technique
4.) Find support whenever possible (rest your arms or body onto walls or pillars)
5.) Hold on longer than required, do not depend on the sound of your shutter

Hope all this helps. ;)

When I take insect photography, I will look out for insects at squatting level. When I squat, I use use my elbows to rest on my knees to give support for my camera. Hope this help too ...

1.) Hold camera as close to face as possible (best is to press viewfinder eyepiece to eye)
2.) Open both eyes to compose picture
3.) Breathing technique
4.) Find support whenever possible (rest your arms or body onto walls or pillars)
5.) Hold on longer than required, do not depend on the sound of your shutter

Hope all this helps. ;)

Isnt it a bit diff to open both eyes? like that wont become bobo shooter?

M16 is heavy and long..but a digicam of that weight!?

I did apply the M16 technique on my digicam shooting (Was a markman..:D )..but it seems I cant solve the "blur" in my pic..even with O.I.S. on...

Another trick is to clap both hands once before you do precision soldering on electronics.
Err..., can it be used for steady hands in photography? We need Guinea Pig here :sweat: .

Regards,
Arto.

Status
Not open for further replies.