having seperate brand, or the same brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

mygixs

Mar 10, 2009
i am looking to get a dslr, so does my wife, the thing is she likes the canon 500D and me i prefer the nikon D300, so i am now wondering should i follow her choice and get the Canon 50D instead, both of us do not have any previous lenses as we are starting from scratch. also which dry cabinet should we get for both cameras and a few lenses, would a 60l be enough. thanks

If you want to save cost and share lenses, then get the same lor. Otherwise, it's fine to get different as well. There are people who owns several systems as well. Just get something you're comfortable with. Doesn't mean that one likes a certain brand he/she will be comfortable with the cam.

Personally, if $ is not an issue, I would get different brands so I can experience both systems and see the advantages & flaws of each system.

same brand, same accessories, same batteries, same charger

most importantly, can buy lens for wife and use it too

i am looking to get a dslr, so does my wife, the thing is she likes the canon 500D and me i prefer the nikon D300, so i am now wondering should i follow her choice and get the Canon 50D instead, both of us do not have any previous lenses as we are starting from scratch. also which dry cabinet should we get for both cameras and a few lenses, would a 60l be enough. thanks

should get same brand, unless already buy before meet, then BOH PIANZ

or unless you like me, use brand that no one want to use :heart:

Obviously, the advantage of using the same system is the pooling of resources. But hey, if you really prefer different manufacturers, hey, no one's stopping you either!

but if live together easier to share lenses leh i think

save costs

later both got same lenses but different brands so sian waste money

end of the day ur question boils down to budget...

economic choice: if both of u use the same brand, can share resources

personal preference: both will be happy with what they like, but then maybe will result in brand war... haha... e.g "see my nikon takes better pictures than ur canon, told to to get Nikon u don't want..."

change your head

then my lenses how

not that there are many actually

very easy, i help you go B&S.. :angel::angel::angel:

then resultant can use to buy k7 for me. :) you can have my old k20d

ouch... guess it is really an advantage to get same brand haha, but i think budget constraint also.. haizz. but than again.. could always upgrade to 5Dmark 2 later :p for my second question is there any advice on the size of the dry cabinet??

end of the day ur question boils down to budget...

economic choice: if both of u use the same brand, can share resources

personal preference: both will be happy with what they like, but then maybe will result in brand war... haha... e.g "see my nikon takes better pictures than ur canon, told to to get Nikon u don't want..."

rofl

wah lau wait win awards then can sing praises about the brand sian

that only means that you are not using the full potential of your force

........full force :sweat:

that only means that you are not using the full potential of your force

:eek::eek::eek:

istockphoto_8891842-karate-koala.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.