Having a picture framed

blismear

Jul 28, 2010
I hope this is the right place to go because I have searched the forum and instead become more confused.

Here's my dilemma:
I want to have a nice picture hanged up on the wall above my bed and I have a few options how I could go about it.
1. get a big artsy picture from IKEA, saw a few nice ones, especially the B&W ones, get it framed - the pic cost abt 90+ - 200+
2. get a collage of small photographs from my collection and framed those up
3. get a large print of one of my picture and frame that up

I actually liked the kind in exhibitions, in terms of size and was wondering if I can maybe get a someone to sell me his picture and have it in large print so I can frame that.

I would appreciate it if you guys have any suggestions or views. I hope I'm making sense.

blismear said:
I hope this is the right place to go because I have searched the forum and instead become more confused.

Here's my dilemma:
I want to have a nice picture hanged up on the wall above my bed and I have a few options how I could go about it.
1. get a big artsy picture from IKEA, saw a few nice ones, especially the B&W ones, get it framed - the pic cost abt 90+ - 200+
2. get a collage of small photographs from my collection and framed those up
3. get a large print of one of my picture and frame that up

I actually liked the kind in exhibitions, in terms of size and was wondering if I can maybe get a someone to sell me his picture and have it in large print so I can frame that.

I would appreciate it if you guys have any suggestions or views. I hope I'm making sense.

So what are you looking for actually? I am kind of confused on what your question is after reading your post.

So you want another photographer's picture so you can hang up on your walls? Or are you asking weather to buy at ikea or not? Yes I'm confused too :s

TS just want something to hang up above his bed.

to TS, what you want to hang up there is entirely up to you, if you looking for someone sell you a nice photo, well, you can post a request in service wanted session. or search in Google for "fine art print"

Sgdevilzz said:
So you want another photographer's picture so you can hang up on your walls? Or are you asking weather to buy at ikea or not? Yes I'm confused too :s

Or is TS asking where to get stuff framed? Or which he will like more?

sorry for getting you guys confused..

indeed I would like to have something up but now it's more of whether it will be one of my prints, some prints that's commercially produced, or get someone to sell me a photo..

with respect to the commercially produced prints, besides those in IKEA and in the movie poster shop, are there any other shops that sells big prints?

my consideration will be price because framing itself could be expensive so diy-ing it myself might be a cheaper alternative.

that's a pretty weird question dude.
no offence,but it's strange you can accept another's pic to be hanged in your room ESPECIALLY if you are a photographer yourself.

sorry for getting you guys confused..

indeed I would like to have something up but now it's more of whether it will be one of my prints, some prints that's commercially produced, or get someone to sell me a photo..

with respect to the commercially produced prints, besides those in IKEA and in the movie poster shop, are there any other shops that sells big prints?

my consideration will be price because framing itself could be expensive so diy-ing it myself might be a cheaper alternative.
hanging anything on top one's bed is very personal thing, for me I won't display anything noting related to me or done by me.

as for the cost, it is also very personal thing, you have to justify is the "art" worth the spending or not.

anyway, it is just a decoration, if it makes you feel good feel great, spend in whatever way you like.

hmmm.. i guess it is weird having someones art on my wall when I could use my wall as a mini gallery..

well then, i shall go out and get some inspirations..

thanks all!

I would like to add. I did consider before to have one of my picture printed out on canvas/poster and frame it up with a frame from Ikea. Though the frame from Ikea may be relative cheap, i found out that printing out the photo i.e. canvas printing to a respectable size, i.e. 3 feet by 2 feet is very costly.

So, as an alternative, what i did was, i purchased a mix of smaller frames like 4Rs, 3Rs and also A4 size frames and wall it up. This way, its was cheaper and you can wall up more pictures.

Just my 2 cents.

try the Nat Geo store in vivocity, they have some photographic posters there.