Havery Norman extended warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

opboy

Oct 15, 2008
Hi all, not sure where to post this question? Recently i have brought a second hand DSLR from fellow CS forumer that come with a 5years of EW, now after only today when i read the T&C on the Havery Norman extended warranty, it say 'not transferable" and a line that says the warranty will be terminated if it goes into subsequent sales.

So my question is any one who have brought a used camera with extended warranty and have tried to send back for service/repair after the 12/15 mths canon warranty have expired.
Any problem?

Pls advise. Thanks.

Hi all, not sure where to post this question? Recently i have brought a second hand DSLR from fellow CS forumer that come with a 5years of EW, now after only today when i read the T&C on the Havery Norman extended warranty, it say 'not transferable" and a line that says the warranty will be terminated if it goes into subsequent sales.

So my question is any one who have brought a used camera with extended warranty and have tried to send back for service/repair after the 12/15 mths canon warranty have expired.
Any problem?

Pls advise. Thanks.

My first DSLR was from HN with extended warranty. When I wanted to sell it, I realized the fine print on the T&C, and so in the end, I sold it to a fren and gave my word to do the servicing (because extended warranty in my name) when needed.

In the 1st year of the DSLR, you can send the camera back to the service center (mine's a Nikon) and they will service it for you. However, after the 1st year, you would have to go back to HN, and they will send it in for you. This is because the extended warranty agreement is with HN and not with Canon or Nikon.

I have heard someone mention in this forum that if the sales go through that the seller will go with the buyer to transfer the warranty, but having not done it myself, I doubt if it is possible (as you mention it in the T&C).

So, if you have the contact of the person you purchased it from (should be on the extended warranty receipt from HN), keep it close to you... you may just need him to send it in for servicing in the future.

oh ok..have take note of it...i do have his contact & receipt... thanks for the advise

Status
Not open for further replies.