haversack or shoulder bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalimantan

Apr 10, 2007
Going to move around with 30d + 70-200F2.8 IS + EFS 10-22mm F3.5-5.6 Lens + 580EX Flash with Omnibounce.

Shld i used a haversack or shoulder sling bag ?

p/s : Visiting cambodia on hot sun, wearing sun glasses ( or lens hood ), hat, etc

Going to move around with 30d + 70-200F2.8 IS + EFS 10-22mm F3.5-5.6 Lens + 580EX Flash with Omnibounce.

p/s : Visiting cambodia on hot sun, wearing sun glasses ( or lens hood ), hat, etc

10-22 is a f/3.5-4.5 lens.

Anyway, using a shoulder bag will kill your shoulder, with the 70-200 f/2.8 IS in there. A backpack might be better for spreading out the weight on two shoulders.

Do you need quick access?

Depends on your strength. Shoulder bags might hurt your shoulders. But shoulder bags allows your back to be aired, while backpack will cause your back to feel really uncomfortable when you sweat.

If you intend to carry the bags for long hours, try backpack. Recommend Lowepro Minitrekker.

70-200 f2.8?
Cambodia?
Hot sun?

Get a backpack if you want to save your shoulder. I second the Lowepro Minitrekker. During my last trip, I carried almost the same lenses as you, plus a second body (EOS-1v). Having a sweaty back is far better than having an aching shoulder.

get a backpack... i expect there'll be alot of walking.. so shoulder bags will prob kill u, esp with the 70-200.. it's much slower to change equipment, but ur body will be thanking u for taking care of it...

Lowepro Minitrekker. :thumbsup:

Lowepro Minitrekker. :thumbsup:

Lowepro Minitrekker :thumbsup:
I have tried your configuration + 24-105 :sweat: just nice... but shiong :bsmilie:

Get a Kata....comes with strap attachment that allows you to hook your straps on the backpack harnass....I moved around with 5D plus 28-300L and 24-105L and compact drive and 550EX for 7 days in Kunming and guizhou...with lots of trekking up and down caves, Huanguozhou waterfall...and 5KM to a remote village....the bag itself is real light....the latest model...Sensitivity is real cool....I am currently using R102.

long hours with bag.. better be shoulder bag.. whichever you choose.. the katas are nice.. but quite ex i think.. don't like the lowepros (coz not as nice.. :p) hahha!

whatever it is you choose, it should just match what you carry and also be comfortable, in your case, for long hours of use..

btw.. tarmac should also have a few shoulder bags that suit your specs.. :)

long hours with bag.. better be shoulder bag.. whichever you choose.. the katas are nice.. but quite ex i think.. don't like the lowepros (coz not as nice.. :p) hahha!

whatever it is you choose, it should just match what you carry and also be comfortable, in your case, for long hours of use..

btw.. tarmac should also have a few shoulder bags that suit your specs.. :)

Long hours with a shoulder bag? That's a recipe for sore shoulders!

Long hours with a shoulder bag? That's a recipe for sore shoulders!

Hi

I have another suggestion here, get a bigger size backpack like Tamrac Expedition 7 as this bag come with larger waist belt. Why you need a bigger waist? as you travel by for long hour the best way is to rest the weight of you bag on your waist just like haversack. Yes, the bag is bulky but it relly give you the comfort and it will also let your waist share the weight that fall on your shoulders.

Visiting Cambodia means going to Angko Wat right?
Then you better get a backpack; its not so much the walking but more of the climbing of the super steep steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.