Have You Seen My Childhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
This is my 1st attempt to shoot pre-arrange shots. Did this series with Arron this morning, but had to stop 1/2 way because the wheather is simply too hot. Will continue the 2nd 1/2 next sunday.

As this is a series, and my english is not good, so i will not give individual photo a title.

I dedicate this series to the childrens who is suffering due to the stiff competitions.

Here it goes

burden_1.jpg

burden_2.jpg

burden_3.jpg

podium_1.jpg

podium_4.jpg

There are too many items in the pictures.

And in the first two pictures, your tripod and camera bag are visible as well, which distract.

You can use different objects for a series if they provide the same meaning, otherwise can get repetitive.

Still, it is an interesting idea.

these 2 captured my attention...
denniskee said:
I like the first shot for the simplicity of it, the contrast between books vs a puzzle electronic game. The rubber floor adds to it as a nice background. Not sure if the squashed doll was intentional, but it's alittle morbid & humorous...

the 2nd shot is not so great but has potential. The composition & angle of the shot could be better & simpler, without the distracting tree trunk & tile & door & sign on the right
but the idea of the bag weighing down the saw is nice...

Thanks for sharing...

Thanks for all comments, 1st attempt, pls give more critics (pls be direct in your comment, i am slow in understanding any hidden massage).

i had posted some similar photos because not sure which angle is better.

Hi Pynch
i cant get any more item, all items you see belong to my niece, would have been great to have more. couldnt get swimming float, musical instruments. should have include computer key board too.

imagine primary 1 already so many text books:sweat: , i think i only have 5-6 text books back then.

Hi Cliffy
any suggestion on how to make it less literal? if you are free, can we meet up to discuss on the idea. i have a few more to try out this coming sunday.

Hi Rev
i cant find those wooden see saw in my area, this is the one and only in 60 blocks.
because the see saw is spring loaded, we have to use our leg to press it down. i had ps away my leg.

the doll is place there intentionally.

Hi I will post in my part of the series soon.. Home PC spoilt so abit more troublesome..

29tim05 said:
Dennis,

I like your idea..:thumbsup: keep going....

allow me to join you if you have something like this again..

pls join us, together, 3 brians better than 1.

ya man, we welcome the additional brain power..:) anyway dennis, I wun be able to make it this sunday. Maybe we can go next sunday instead?

if i post photos of banners hanging on the fences of the school in this thread, and it shows which school it is, will it be ok? or i should ps away the name of the school?

ranking of schools, is it the best thing to do? how does it benefit the kids? ranking at such an early age is good?
ranking_of_schools.jpg

let me see, em1, em2, err, where is em3. i wonder what beneficial effect this banner has on those kids in em3. did em3 kids get the resources to help them improve? or was the resources allocated to give the "brighter" kids to help bring up the position of the school? as you can see, its all about ranking nowaday.
stress.jpg

Personally I think competition helped me when I was a kid. I guess some thrive on competition.. :dunno:

GDSNP said:
Personally I think competition helped me when I was a kid. I guess some thrive on competition.. :dunno:

imo, competition is ok in secondary level, but primary level? if we continue this way, i am worried singapore will end up like japan. people kill themselve when they cant get into the "top school". is this really what we want?

just look at parent of kids going to primary 1, making "donation", offering to be "lolipop man"...... all this stuff is what parents in japan are doing!!

hehe. no. 1 isnt important. because there will always be someone better than you =)

Here's 1 blogger's view on that... it's a little long to read and written in 'beng' engrish.
Warning: Foul Language

denniskee said:
competition among schools, is it the best thing to do? how does it benefit the kids? ranking at such an early age is good?
competition.jpg

i ps away the "high lighted" school's name. else may have more impact.

still not sure will i get into trouble if i use the school's name.

Decided to post the original
ranking_of_schools.jpg

Rev said:
hehe. no. 1 isnt important. because there will always be someone better than you =)

Here's 1 blogger's view on that... it's a little long to read and written in 'beng' engrish.
Warning: Foul Language

stated in the blog is the concern i had raised. in our system, best service / resources are reserved for the best, those who are lagging can only get the vegitable head and vegitable tail. take it or leave it, no body is forcing you to stay here.

GDSNP said:

IMO - there is nothing wrong with competition...but is the high expectation from the parents or others.

manytimes people have mistaken --- " if I don't win prizes, is mean I am no good "

Status
Not open for further replies.