Have you paid your income tax?

Haven't got my letter yet.... but will be getting soon. Hope the so-called GST rebate of $200 could help in the payment.... :sweat:

Yeah, why pay all upfront when you can use GIRO and interest free? Can put this amt in the bank first & earn 0.01% and positive cashflow that way, right? Anyway I dun hv enough to pay them upfront so no choice lah:devil:

Yeah, why pay all upfront when you can use GIRO and interest free? Can put this amt in the bank first & earn 0.01% and positive cashflow that way, right? Anyway I dun hv enough to pay them upfront so no choice lah:devil:

:lovegrin::lovegrin:

lol..well said...i am also with giro, same case as you :devil:

is it possible to ask for GIRO debit on a specific date other than 8th of the month ?
I want the debit to be made 1 or 2 days after pay day so to be sure my tax is paid.

i suggest u pay, wait kenna additional assessment it will be worse

Giro & paid tax by installment :)

Can applied by internet banking but I doubt got the option to set the date before pay day:think:

Just received it last night & very very painful :eek:

"Thank you for your contribution towards Nation building"

is it possible to ask for GIRO debit on a specific date other than 8th of the month ?
I want the debit to be made 1 or 2 days after pay day so to be sure my tax is paid.
Try go in to discuss with them I'm sure they are more than willing to help. Nowadays the IRAS service is better than hotel service cos they have to give you a feedback form at the end of your meeting with them and you have to fill it up & put it in the box. The person serving get lots of medals/plaques if you give them good feedback.
Usually they'd advise you to have at least 2 mths worth of deductions in the bank just in case;)

There are 2 deduction dates in a month.

First deduction between 4th to 6th and the second deduction between 24th to 28th of the same month.

If first deduction run not successful, it will auto deduct on the second deduction run.

No penalty :)

Giro & paid tax by installment :)

Can applied by internet banking but I doubt got the option to set the date before pay day:think:

Try go in to discuss with them I'm sure they are more than willing to help. Nowadays the IRAS service is better than hotel service cos they have to give you a feedback form at the end of your meeting with them and you have to fill it up & put it in the box. The person serving get lots of medals/plaques if you give them good feedback.
Usually they'd advise you to have at least 2 mths worth of deductions in the bank just in case;)

can ask for discount???

this is the most unhappy day of the year for me......

can ask for discount???

this is the most unhappy day of the year for me......
Nope! Tried that b4 but instead of discount they add more interest so only choice is to stretch the payment period but got to be careful cos nx yr will add up again so no end to it lah