Have you heard the one about headphones making you deaf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ninelives said:
For those who listen to mp3 player or ipod , please read :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/4580718.stm

News reported on 1 particular headphone design which channels the sound nearer to the drum. 1 example is the sexy apple ear phone which do not have the so-called unsightly sponge cotton outside.

actually I also got a bit of hearing problem. I always " ah?? ah?? ah?? " why my firends or colleagues talked.

Yes, I also like to listen to music loud loud...................especially rock and metal stuff...

try canalphones that stick deep into your ear. it allows you to listen to your music on a lower volume while blocking out external sounds. beware, don't use it while jogging on the road.

Yeowww said:
generally, too much of anything is bad ...except sex :think:

I agree. I attribute my deteriorating eyesight solely to that

Horsba85 said:
try canalphones that stick deep into your ear. it allows you to listen to your music on a lower volume while blocking out external sounds. beware, don't use it while jogging on the road.

Oh yes, canalphones is the one which the news mentions.

well headphones when playing loud music no matter what kind will affect your hearing as the sounds waves are blasted full force onto your ear drums.

Canalphones may be a nice concept but imagine the dirt and wax you will find on them after some use. Yucks. I'd rather use large headphones which cover the ear.

alwayschampion said:
Oh yes, canalphones is the one which the news mentions.

probably because they still turn the volume up a huge notch anyway

Essentially any loud noise does this. For instance, playing a jazz drum set regularly without ear plugs will cause a noticable loss in hearing after about 2-3 yrs.

ninelives said:
actually I also got a bit of hearing problem. I always " ah?? ah?? ah?? " why my firends or colleagues talked.

Yes, I also like to listen to music loud loud...................especially rock and metal stuff...

Hahh?....

Can't hear what you say. Can you speak louder in Kopitiam?

:bsmilie:

alwayschampion said:
News reported on 1 particular headphone design which channels the sound nearer to the drum. 1 example is the sexy apple ear phone which do not have the so-called unsightly sponge cotton outside.

Sexy??? Apple's vanilla plain white ear plugs?? Sexy??? heheh.. By the way, they do come with the sponge but up to you to cover the plug or not. If you don't clean your ear of its wax often...best to cover THEM!..if the was start to enter the small holes of the plugs..that will compromise the sound.. EKKK disgusting too.

Want to see sex....check out the Shure ear plus..or the B&O. Those are sexy!..but cost the world to buy them.

Horsba85 said:
probably because they still turn the volume up a huge notch anyway

Tell me about it...every now and again I could hear one of this "wannabe-deaf-when-I-am-older" fools on the MRT. I can be like 10 people distance from them and I can still hear their music emiting from their plug-in type headsets!. Good luck to them.

If you have to hear it that loub and you don't know about it...you have serious problem that is not going to happen one day. It is already happening today!

Status
Not open for further replies.