Have you felt irritated with pple who know nuts abt photog & make senseless comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL ... Does it matter? I met a taxi driver who acted as though he knew about microelectronics just because his son happened to be an electronic student at my school. 80% of his yak-yaking was wrong, but I kept the amusement to myself. Anyway he was a nice fella.

Try to be more tolerant lor. Sometimes people are just trying to get closer to you.

So did the taximan end up sitting on your laps with an arm around your shoulders? :)

many people did ask me...

"you are professional har??"
"so you got chance to see a lot of models lor??"
"got models ask you to take nude photos or not??"
"can I come and help?? just want to see see only......"

"chey, why don't you ask earlier??..
just did a shoot for your girl friend last week...."

So did the taximan end up sitting on your laps with an arm around your shoulders? :)

Heheh, of course not, he was obviously proud of his son. :bsmilie:

I just got a d200 last week, my friend ask me to shoot his wedding, this is gonne be my first time shoot wedding, can all the gurus tell me what lens to buy and how to shoot wedding bo?

and the usual answer..hire a pro photog..:bsmilie:

many people did ask me...

"you are professional har??"
"so you got chance to see a lot of models lor??"
"got models ask you to take nude photos or not??"
"can I come and help?? just want to see see only......"

"chey, why don't you ask earlier??..
just did a shoot for your girl friend last week...."

Why not?

They can come and watch like this:

cu_werewolf_hitdeck.jpg

Hi guys,
My worst comment came from a fashion event. I was helping out at the event and it was the last day, so I brought my relatively brand new DSLR to try it out.

Okay I admit I am not very good at shooting events because I am quite slow. But still, I was shooting away, minding my own business and just trying out the functions of my camera and this male photographer, who was standing behind me said female photographers "literally can't make it compared to male photographers". He went on to criticize my D70s was for amateurs and the one that really hit me was that I probably wasted my money on the D70s and should have just stick to a P&S, which is better for females.

I love photography, and my business is my own with regards to what I want to take. By the way, this moron isn't the first one I have encountered. I have met quite a few egoistic and sexist photogs already. Pretty sad.

But seriously, I don't really care what he says. It's not I am purposely blocking his view or destroying his equipment. These people are as good as fruit flies. I just ignore them.

{Mich} :)

Hi guys,
My worst comment came from a fashion event. I was helping out at the event and it was the last day, so I brought my relatively brand new DSLR to try it out.

Okay I admit I am not very good at shooting events because I am quite slow. But still, I was shooting away, minding my own business and just trying out the functions of my camera and this male photographer, who was standing behind me said female photographers "literally can't make it compared to male photographers". He went on to criticize my D70s was for amateurs and the one that really hit me was that I probably wasted my money on the D70s and should have just stick to a P&S, which is better for females.

I love photography, and my business is my own with regards to what I want to take. By the way, this moron isn't the first one I have encountered. I have met quite a few egoistic and sexist photogs already. Pretty sad.

But seriously, I don't really care what he says. It's not I am purposely blocking his view or destroying his equipment. These people are as good as fruit flies. I just ignore them.

{Mich} :)

Oh dear, poor mich. :) Next time point back your D70 secretly and take a shot of him. Keke~ ^^ Then post the pic here.

I just got a d200 last week, my friend ask me to shoot his wedding, this is gonne be my first time shoot wedding, can all the gurus tell me what lens to buy and how to shoot wedding bo?

get the best lens. 300/f2.8 i heard it is very very sharp, fast and good. hear got very good bokeh also. :D must be good :thumbsup:

get the best lens. 300/f2.8 i heard it is very very sharp, fast and good. hear got very good bokeh also. :D must be good :thumbsup:

I tot should get the fish eye lens..very wide..can capture everything..u won't miss anything in a shot..:bsmilie:

He'll need the essential:
- 17-35 f/2.8
- 24-70 f/2.8 OR 28-70 f/2.8
- 70-200 f/2.8VR
- 2x SB800
- 1 backup Metz CT4 Hammerhead

Not forgetting a backup camera:
- Nikon D3 with a 28-70 f/2.8 attached & a SB800

can all the "pros" tell me what is the market rate for "ang pau" for shooting friends wedding??
No more, no less.

Juz a 'token' sum of: $1888.

This will exclude the photo development, etc of $888. :thumbsup:

i add one more...i hear that the 600 f4 is lagi better...can see your neighbour...hahahaha...

gosh... never been more irritated with this "idiotic" colleague in my dept.

I was taking an outdoor pic of my friend when he passed by with his gf. Gave me a silly almost sarcastic grin and exclaimed: "Why are you taking a pic of (plain) chimneys (as backdrop)?!" Like I was being ridiculous! What that guy didn't know was the chimneys were never in the pic and I actually had a respectable background.

Next, went into a hotel and took more pics of my friend. Met the irritating chap again and he saw me take pics while waiting for the lift to come. I snapped one, then decided to vary parameters such as exposure and flash. Took another one or two again. And yup, the know-nuts-about-photography guy made the remark with his trademark silly grin, "Wow, trigger happy"... Almost as if to question my skills! DUH! :hammer:

Which reminds me, on another occasion, I was taking pics of the moon. This 50s guy walked over, scrutinized what I was doing for 1/2 minute, then asked "Eh, wat you taking ah?" I replied "the moon". And he went like : "Huh, what's so nice about the moon?" DUH!! :sticktong

Wonder if u all got such experiences... Whoa...Willing to share??

We are all "know nuts abt" something and sometimes we make some comments that is not very useful. So maybe the best thing we can do if we encounter this scenario is :
1) Take it as a training - the guy may "really" be smarter than you.
2) Take him as a fool - ignore him and his "advise"

The worst one could do , is to blow up his / her ego and get angry / upset over it.

I tot should get the fish eye lens..very wide..can capture everything..u won't miss anything in a shot..:bsmilie:

including your toes if you are not careful :bsmilie::bsmilie:

heheh I always do the same thing when ever I go shoot-about. I adopt the "total boh chap" posture. Very anti-social and very focus into my own world. I am mindful to who I shoot and privacy and all that BUT...I totally ignore everyone else that is just out to kapo whatever I do or shoot, on a good day. If not on a good day, you get a pretty sacarstic smirk and tougue lashing from me just to get you the #@%%$ out of my face.

Usually people might just take a look at what you do and there are times some would asked you nicely what you are shooting. The ones that usually have some smart aleck remark are usually..in a group. The alpha male mentality and just want to get into a pissing match using you to leverage with those he/she is with. For those... I will bring them down a few pegs...just to cheer up my day. :p ANd if it gets too much...well...two key words comes to mind. Tripod and Sodomy.,

heheh I always do the same thing when ever I go shoot-about. I adopt the "total boh chap" posture. Very anti-social and very focus into my own world. I am mindful to who I shoot and privacy and all that BUT...I totally ignore everyone else that is just out to kapo whatever I do or shoot, on a good day. If not on a good day, you get a pretty sacarstic smirk and tougue lashing from me just to get you the #@%%$ out of my face.

no wonder the general public regards photographers as snobbish and weird people, lol :bsmilie:

Usually people might just take a look at what you do and there are times some would asked you nicely what you are shooting. The ones that usually have some smart aleck remark are usually..in a group. The alpha male mentality and just want to get into a pissing match using you to leverage with those he/she is with. For those... I will bring them down a few pegs...just to cheer up my day. :p ANd if it gets too much...well...two key words comes to mind. Tripod and Sodomy.,

The other day I saw a photographer wore a T shirt that had this written on it:

No comments please or ...
Go and explode in your hand

But of cos, if the one who's making the idiotic comment is ur boss, its a different case altogether. U'll have to kowtow to his remarks even if he can be lousiest photographer posse wannabe *ahem-ahem*. ;)

If its other ppl (unless u're in the sales line and u can never know if the person is a prospective client), u can either choose to ignore or smile and give him a beautiful present out of ur middle finger. ;p

boss or no boss...my ans would be "you have a problem with that?" :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.