Have you ever wish to throw everything u have now and go travel ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reyon

Jul 9, 2004
Have you ever wish to throw everything u have now and go travel around the world ?

I do admit
Singapore life is so tough. :dunno:

Reyon said:
Have you ever wish to throw everything u have now and go travel around the world ?

I do admit

in singapore here beside work....is still work.....unless you are the super rich type.
i just wish to go around S.E.A. for some say about 6 months......but that is just dreams;p

jesser said:
in singapore here beside work....is still work.....unless you are the super rich type.

This prompts me to ask the question: "Do we work for our needs or our wants?"

Miyagi San of Karate Kid seemed to have the right answer: "If balance is right, everything is right."

But would the bosses of Singapore allow you to have the balance if you don't want to work OT and weekends and wants to take 2 months off from work travelling?

In Australia I had seen with my own eyes that colleagues took off to holidaying in Europe for 2-3 months and the boss kept the job for them on the understanding that they would return after that. Almost all of them did and one came back and later went away for another few months. :)

Ahh~~~~ I wished for that a long time ago where I hope I can throw down everything and go to Japan for a long-long time. Travelling from tip-to-tip.

Unfortunately, my work would never allow for such provisions to be made. :( Sigh...

Reyon said:

I do admit
I think u can always sell away everything and then go to live in countries like Thailand and Vietnam happily ever after, right?

Reyon said:

I do admit

Will just do that soon...instead of throw i prefer to sell......:lovegrin:

Here i have no life, no energy, and lost feeling.:sticktong :sticktong :sticktong

i once promise myself i will take an exotic holiday away for a month wheni have saved $5000 in my bank account. until now, i still have not done it ... partially because i still do not have my $5000 and also because I am still stuck working trying to save the $5000 ... very vicious cycle ...

RGDs

In my free time when I'm trying to take a break from studying (which is, all the time), I read endlessly on travel — and the best part of being a uni student, to me, is the 3-4 month summer break and the end of year 1 month break. =)

I've been reading the travelling accounts of people who just 'gave it all up' to travel around the world for a year or two.. some of them biking and canoeing. It's all very enticing, and I can see myself doing that... though reading about them cycling on a 1100km highway of nothingness between Lhasa and Somewhere, and having flat tyres in the middle of it... scares me a little.

I've done my share of travelling, with more to come.. but throw everything away and just go? Easier said than done. There's the issue of Significant Others (unless they're coming with you, which then raises the question of how travellling with someone for too long can strain relationships), of careers, etc.. though in the ideal world, give me $30 000 and I will do time in Asia and South America for 1 year.

The issue of 'Significant Others' I guess ain't much of a problem if u're a swinging single.

Its always a chore having to manage ur 'other half' and stuff like that. Always better to be alone...

My 2 cents. :)

Well, I think there is a difference between "throw everything u have now and go travel around the world" and "throw everything away now and go travel...". So I assume Reyon is not talking abt becoming a vagabond permanently... :)

As skinnylatte said, there're lots of accounts of pple who travel away for a year or two. But that doesn't mean abandoning your family, friends, house, CPF, whatever. Key thing is proper planning and discipline I think. I mean, you can't be complaining that you don't have enough money to go travel for a year when you are upgrading/buying equipment every month or so right?

I think Singaporeans generally think and talk, but little action. The usual fear of uncertainty, fear of failure is still the main obstacle. But I think the younger folks like skinnylatte (assuming he/she is young since still in uni ;p) may be changing all that with the kind of influence and exposure from this modern connected world ......

Reyon said:

I do admit

Yes. In fact, next week, I am divorcing my wife of 15 years and dumping my three kids with my mother-in-law so that I can go on my round the world holiday with my new 25 year old sweetheart. I am so looking forward to this.

well, almost. almost everything except $$$. ;p

i'm leaving on a jet plane
dunno wen i'll b back again...

Status
Not open for further replies.