Have you ever received a DSLR/M4-3 camera for your birthday ... and SOLD it?

phoeniix

Sep 13, 2011
Toa Payoh
Strange thing. I do notice quite a number of people selling off their rather generous birthday presents and it got me thinking -

1) There are some very very generous people out there.
2) These people really do love their friends/partner
3) But did these people buy the "right" gift? Else why would people sell it off otherwise?

Not that I'm complaining that us snappers aren't getting a good deal as a result. Far from it. Rather my thoughts moved onto another rather selfish question:

1) Why is it that NOBODY ever buy me such gifts? Then again me being a male might explain most of that ....

Maybe I should go ask my other half about it.

Hmmm .... IF I don't appear in this forum for a while, it would most likely be due to the fact that she would have kicked my bum so hard and put a lock on my lappy for ever having such thoughts.

Last edited:
Maybe different people have different needs. maybe some dont need a dslr/m43.
or either way just a gimmick for some to use in BnS.

Came across a seller, who is leting go of his lens and he told me its a gift from a friend and he find no use to it. when I go down and view, with close inspection. there's user marks all over it. (those mark of oily fingerprint etc).

:)
but I do wish the other half would buy me a m43! :)

Hahahahaha... Some people are too nice and some people just don't appreciate it. It's entirely possible. :bsmilie:

i would keep it for a good reason. you'll never know if you sell it and disappoint the person

Entirely possible... I mean, to see a camera lying on the shelf unused and growing fungus is way more disappointing :bsmilie:
As with all reasons, some are really gifts, and some are not.

Why not? There's Christmas, anniversary, birthday and bonus payout date where gift-giving may be common.

1) Why is it that NOBODY every buy me such gifts?

Paper camera you want or not? :bsmilie:

slr-paper-camera.jpg

Sion said:
Paper camera you want or not? :bsmilie:

Wow, TS, uncle sion likes you! You better be honored. Wakakaka :bsmilie:

Haha. At this point, I'll take anything ;) "Camera" better than no camera.

Yet to ask the wife ... scared of getting my butt kicked ...

Tsk. These people .... Then again, I'm a sucker like a moth drawn to a burning flame and I would read such ads with interest rather than with skepticism. One day I say I'm just asking for it.

Speaking of which. I like how they would post items for sale and would label the items "mint". Which is rather ironic as once out of the box and used just once, it is no longer considered mint.

Is this "How To Convince Wife" Part II? :think:

IF I don't appear in this forum for a while, it would most likely be due to the fact that she would have kicked my bum so hard and put a lock on my lappy for ever having such thoughts.

I would hide all kitchen knives and rat poison in the house. :bsmilie:

:bsmilie:

i think it's better to give people MONEY instead of DSLR as birthday gift..

You dont get it doesn't means it doesn't exist....I have a colleague change car and change house like nobody business....it's because he has a rich dad.....so all his income is at his disposal......as for me...as usual BMW (bus, MRT, Walk) :(

TS just needs a hug. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: and free gifts.

You need to upgrade your circle of friends.