Have you ever gotten a RUDE comment in clubsnap?

Ever gotten a RUDE comment in clubsnap?

Results are only viewable after voting.

I strongly believe that there is no need to be rude in a forum. If anyone feels that the question is stupid, then don't answer it. Someone else who has the time and common courtesy will answer it.

Take a look at the reputable forums overseas... They are so much more constructive, encouraging and helpful.

I think the mods should delete replies that say things like "Can't you google it?"... "This has been answered before, go search for it.".. etc. These replies simply don't help.

If you don't have the time to answer the 'stupid' questions, then don't. There is no excuse for being rude.

Ditto.:thumbsup:

I strongly believe that there is no need to be rude in a forum. If anyone feels that the question is stupid, then don't answer it. Someone else who has the time and common courtesy will answer it.

Take a look at the reputable forums overseas... They are so much more constructive, encouraging and helpful.

I think the mods should delete replies that say things like "Can't you google it?"... "This has been answered before, go search for it.".. etc. These replies simply don't help.

If you don't have the time to answer the 'stupid' questions, then don't. There is no excuse for being rude.

I 100% support your remarks. Can u imagine if my mum comes and ask me how to set the channels for a new TV and I tell her "Can't you google it?" or "Isnt the manual there for a reason" . I may have to join the brothers in hell very soon! (that is how fierce my mum is.. haha);p

i think there is a spectrum of situation that doesn't render the same judgement. it can be a case that the topic is a straightforward one - single question single answer, or one that is very complicated to the ts.

i have had experience that someone said "This has been answered before" but the truth is that existing threads revolves around similar topic but is not the same. but there are also occasions that it is actually answered before and the keyword to search and the answer that follows are direct, straightforward and easy to understand in the first few links, so what some other raised are not unreasonable as well.

i think there is still a difference of how things are phrased. the same meaning can be phrased it in a rude manner or a neutral manner.

"Can't you google it?" - rude
"This has been answered before, go search for it." - authoritative
"This has been answered before. you can search for it." - neutral
"google is your best friend" - neutral, but redundant.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

some people wanna be PCW ma.. :bsmilie: