Have you donate to KenRockwell?

Have you donate to KenRockwell?

Results are only viewable after voting.

kwttan

Jan 8, 2010
Concrete jungle
I believe many of us have visited KenRockwell website before. Eveytime when scroll to end of the page, will come across the part on "Help me help you" ... follows by 'If you haven't helped yet, please do, and consider helping me with a gift of $5.00.'

Just curious, has anyone of you donate before?

Last edited:
No, because despite some useful stuff he puts on his website, he adds a load of bull to most of his articles, mostly aimed at getting you to buy the stuff by making it look better than it actually is.

For someone who actually said something like "The D5000 is all you ever really need to shoot good pictures, the more expensive cameras just have more confusing functions that nobody can figure out", I can't say I'd take what they say seriously. It appears he can't figure out CLS, how to use 2 dials, how to use a dedicated ISO button, how to use a dedicated WB button and much more. I'm not sure I'd learn anything from him.

People, you are already paying him everytime you visit his website. He writes nonsense to generate web traffic. Why fall for it?

No, we don't really pay him. We do help him get more money, but it's not our own money.

ken rockwell should donate to me:

(1) i don't have as much time as him to write nonsense on the net (as much, anyways)
(2) i don't have as much gear

Personally, i don't donate to such people or organization. Why should we donate for him to buy all the latest range of lens, fund his/family holidays, nice house/cars, etc...? :sticktong

Last edited:
Who is the joker that voted that he donates?? :dunno:

I feel that his review is always very biased. I won't donate as well :cool:

Well, his writings, reviews are more like TCSS type.

Now, what about those pics he puts up, on his family, his holidays, photo trips etc. I find there are quite a bit of junk stuff there.

What's the hatred towards K Rockwell? His site was how I got started on DSLR, especially when he wrote a number of detailed articles about my first camera the Nikon D50. He's a Nikon guy but had also reviewed Canon stuff too.

What's the hatred towards K Rockwell? His site was how I got started on DSLR, especially when he wrote a number of detailed articles about my first camera the Nikon D50. He's a Nikon guy but had also reviewed Canon stuff too.

Most of reviews exaggerate the plus points of the gears. Also, he writes pretty biased comparisons. All meant to poison people into buying the stuff he recommends so he can get a cut from it.

Most of reviews exaggerate the plus points of the gears. Also, he writes pretty biased comparisons. All meant to poison people into buying the stuff he recommends so he can get a cut from it.

But most reviewers have sponsors or ads on their site. I keep hearing how bad KR is like he's the most hated guy on the net.

Ken Rockwell actually tells people NOT TO BUY GEAR they don't need. How is that "getting people to buy stuff so he can get a cut"?