Have you been to Egypt before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billpepsi

Jan 2, 2005
The 3rd Rock
Anyone here has been Egypt before? What are some of your unforgettable moments there? Any photos to show us?

I’ve plans to visit Egypt.

Bakshee, bakshee...:) is something you'll get used to all the time (tips tips)

The 3day 2night Felucca trip down the Nile & the White Desert stay, were my most memorable experience in Egypt, you'll see the most beautiful sunset and sunrise. Other than the Giza and Saqqara pyramids, you must go to the Bent & Red pyramid at Dashur, bulit by Khufu's father Sneferu.

If you are doing a F&E, get the Eyewitness Egypt guide book, it's packed with pictures and 3D maps. Also if you have time, hop across to Jordan's Petra.

Yeah... been there... to Cairo and Alexandria but that was years ago. Was not into photography at that time was did not do any photos... Nice place..

One of the most enchanting country I ever visited. Try to stay overnight at Abu Simbel, the sunrise is magical, as the lights shine thru the entrance to Ramses Temple, feel you are in an Indiana Jones or Lara Croft movie. Amazing. Either on a Felucca or on a river boat, you must take either one. The Nile is just spectacular. Another of my fav site is Temple of Horus. This temple was discovered burried in the sand only 150 years ago. The colors of the wall painting inside is breathtaking. Didn't fade because of protection by the sand.

Cairo is a bit over rated, especially the Sphinx. The Cairo museum is ok, but I think they don't allow picture taking anymore. The bazzar is lots of fun.

I was still shooting file back then, and for a 10 days trip, Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Abu Simbel and a 4 night cruise, shot over 100 rolls. If I go again, I will make sure I bring an 80 gig portable HDD.

Deadpoet said:
One of the most enchanting country I ever visited. Try to stay overnight at Abu Simbel, the sunrise is magical, as the lights shine thru the entrance to Ramses Temple, feel you are in an Indiana Jones or Lara Croft movie. Amazing. Either on a Felucca or on a river boat, you must take either one. The Nile is just spectacular. Another of my fav site is Temple of Horus. This temple was discovered burried in the sand only 150 years ago. The colors of the wall painting inside is breathtaking. Didn't fade because of protection by the sand.

Cairo is a bit over rated, especially the Sphinx. The Cairo museum is ok, but I think they don't allow picture taking anymore. The bazzar is lots of fun.

I was still shooting file back then, and for a 10 days trip, Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Abu Simbel and a 4 night cruise, shot over 100 rolls. If I go again, I will make sure I bring an 80 gig portable HDD.

Did you bring a tripod with you and was your camera gaffer.

Deadpoet said:
The Cairo museum is ok, but I think they don't allow picture taking anymore. The bazzar is lots of fun.
You are allowed to take pictures everywhere in the Cairo museum (except the royal mummies room), even King Tut's treasures are okay :) .

They used to charge a separate fee for photography and videos at all historical sites, now this regulation is removed.

jeffhiew said:
Did you bring a tripod with you and was your camera gaffer.
Tripod yes but I found it too hot to carry around so much, and not too many situation that required one. Did use the tripod in Luxor, can't really think of too many situation that it was indespensible. Also, where you need one, indoors, usually have some rules against using one.

No need to gaffer camera. the only time sand can be a problem is changing lens, gaffer or not, no help there. I just wipe down the camera and lens every night.

One thing, don't forget your polarizer and gradual filter. Used them alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.