Have u written in your will who will inherit your lenses???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ding Shan Ben

May 6, 2005
Hong Kong
since lenses are lots of money invested, wondering if u guys put that in your will???

(I dun think this is morbid discussion... as it is really practical as death is a reality, something we have to face it one day. )

u muz put in kopitiam... den u see ur answers...

i say.. either my son will inherit all. OR i sell them before i die, and use them as $ inheritance to my children.

and that happens IF i wan to have children.

a big IF though... hahahaha..

Left everything to my mother's disposal... ;)
then my sisters to be the trusteee... just in case my mom want to dispose my things :devil:

Think for non photographers, they may just keep them nicely in the storeroom since they may not know what to do with them - dunno where to sell. Sometimes family may have feelings and memories and relutant to sell them and there go tens of thousand or even hundreds of thousands of dollars into waste...

This is scary - I was just joking with my buddy just now, that I'd put him as the beneficiary for all my camera and fishing gears, and we went on to discuss how much that'd fetch, and you came up with this thread one hour later!!!

I think, if you are going to draw up a will, why not? ;p Especially if you do have a substantial collection of camera lenses, etc etc.

Hmmm now that you raise this issue ... maybe I'll leave them all to the thread starter. But then ... my stuff are worth crap :bsmilie:

PM me your name & IC please ...

I have a safe where u all can dump your stuff in here for no charge... ;p

I find that people nowaday dun think about death bcos

1) they think that they are still young and death is far
2) they dun dare to face reality. try to escape talk of death.

but the problem is: as humans, no one know when our last day on earth is! and usually, we dun admit this! and we keep on deceiving ourselves...

and i suspect the moderator will close this thread bcos people think that talking about death is pessimistic and morbid. but the fact is: it is a reality.

i hope that the moderators would not be so tied asre to close this threat because death is a part of parcel of live like sh1tting and seating,

Ding Shan Ben said:
and i suspect the moderator will close this thread bcos people think that talking about death is pessimistic and morbid. but the fact is: it is a reality.

Jason H0 said:
i hope that the moderators would not be so tied asre to close this threat because death is a part of parcel of live like sh1tting and seating,

Death? It is damn real!

On one of my trips to China, this young strong angmo bloke (like many young strong CSers here), broke the planks he was squatting on doing "you- know-what" business, and almost drown in "you-know-what" stuff. Luckily, the "you-know-what" stuff came just up to his mouth! Sparing his nose! :bigeyes:

Could happen to anyone of us here, you know!

student said:
Death? It is damn real!

On one of my trips to China, this young strong angmo bloke (like many young strong CSers here), broke the planks he was squatting on doing "you- know-what" business, and almost drown in "you-know-what" stuff. Luckily, the "you-know-what" stuff came just up to his mouth! Sparing his nose! :bigeyes:

.. and i have a neighbour who died, at her late 20s, in a car accident while holidaying in california..

... and another in the Silkair incident at age 31?

AReality said:
Everyone will die at least once. There's no running away from it.

AReality.. buy insurance when you go to Europe ;p

student said:
Death? It is damn real!

Wow, I'd like to see a picture of that! :bigeyes: Did you take a picture?

Back to the topic, everything goes to my wife. She's been eyeing my equipment since day 1. (Hope she's not reading this)

Ding Shan Ben said:
since lenses are lots of money invested, wondering if u guys put that in your will???

(I dun think this is morbid discussion... as it is really practical as death is a reality, something we have to face it one day. )

You should know you can convert all your lenses and cameras into paper lenses and paper cameras and get your children to burn them for you.

Only that Canon becomes Hellnon and Nikon becomes Hellkon.

Why leave them to your children? You may have more time and prettier "models" to shoot over there?

When you are old and sick and don't want your gears to collect fungus after you passed, just give me a call and I'll be right there and I'll take good care of them, I will let them reside in my top real estate in my dry cabinet. ;p

If you are still young and healthy and worries the same thing, you can also anytime give me a call and I will gladly take care of them all even you are still healthy and kicking. ;p

Ding Shan Ben said:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: That's interesting.

But death is not the end, it is just a begining.........

Status
Not open for further replies.