Have New Oly DCs Owners Signed Up For The Free Oly Digital Photography Course Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayan

Jan 18, 2002
Hougang, SG
Visit site
For those who bought the Olympus C-2100UZ or any other models this year or late last year, you're entitled to a free Digital Photography Course organized by Olympus Singapore.

So far I've seen more than dozens of new Oly DC owners but according to Olympus S'pore only a few had signed up so far.

Those who have not signed up yet can register now by faxing over:

1) copy of receipt
2) copy of warranty card (duly filled-in)
3) full name
4) contact number

to Ms. Salima, Olympus Singapore, at fax no. 68342423.

The tel. no. is 1800-OLYMPUS for further enquiries.

Hope to see you ppl there during the couse...cheers!!!

Who is the presenter and what will they be teaching?

Originally posted by Klause
Who is the presenter and what will they be teaching?

The instructor will be a pro photographer appointed by Oly Sg....the course is on how to operate ur Dc to get the most outta it....most likely will cover the basics + tips on taking 'special effect' pix.

Anyway, why not u call up and chk...then post it here. Cos I didn't ask in details...

I will try to post more details after my lesson this coming Wed.

BTW, I think one of the users here, looter has also attended the course too.

Originally posted by Blitz

Ok, thks to u, Bro...:)

Originally posted by Blitz

U mean that there will be more than one course available to sign up?

if you're already quite familiar with your camera, then i would suggest that you give this a miss ;)

Originally posted by Falcon

U mean that there will be more than one course available to sign up?

There's only 1 free course...and I'm refering to that 1 free course....good for those who have zero knowledge of photography.

Originally posted by Jayan

There's only 1 free course...and I'm refering to that 1 free course....good for those who have zero knowledge of photography.

And it will be held more than once?

Will there be another one after 22 May 2002? Cos I think it is kind of late to register now.

No, it's not too late......cos once they got abt 10 participants they'll start a class. :)

Originally posted by zhapchit
if you're already quite familiar with your camera, then i would suggest that you give this a miss ;)

Ok I just came back from the course (C2040/C3040 combine).

Zhapchit is correct, if you're familar with ur cam, like me owning the thing for a few months and know the features, you can really give it a miss.

They will give u a set of notes which describe on what is digicam, specs of ur cams, and then the various features of it. Due to the time constraint, the trainer will of course not go through everyone of them, but just the major ones.

Will suggest going there IF u just bought the cam and u still dunno how to use the features.

Not much extra taught on photography itself except for the digital printing portion which makes me clear on the print sizes..etc..

Hope that will give u guys a rough idea of the course. It's free but still not worth the time going if u're familar with the cam :)

hello!

i have attended the course which was conducted by Mr Tan Kah Heng. my opinion was that he is very good, and definately worth going......

blitz, was your class conducted by him??

anyway, he gave me a good idea about digital camera & its limitations on size when compared to film photography......

anyway, i have seen his webpage which is at www.studioq.com have a look :)

i don't know if he is a member here...... but i have seen his name being mentioned b4, do a search for his name.... maybe can find something.

Hi Looteer,

Sad to say, I've forgotten the name of the lecturer :cry:

He's pretty good too, did learn a additional thing or two from the course besides the introduction.

But as I say, the course is more oriented towards the introduction of the camera features. For ppl like me who had read the manual over and over again, and already played with the cam for quite sometime, it will be quite boring....

Overall, kudos to Olympus to holding such courses for us Olympus camera owners, I don't see such free course with other brands though :)

Originally posted by looteer
hello!

i have attended the course which was conducted by Mr Tan Kah Heng. my opinion was that he is very good, and definately worth going......

blitz, was your class conducted by him??

anyway, he gave me a good idea about digital camera & its limitations on size when compared to film photography......

anyway, i have seen his webpage which is at www.studioq.com have a look :)

i don't know if he is a member here...... but i have seen his name being mentioned b4, do a search for his name.... maybe can find something.

Hi,

I guess Kevin, Blitz and I have signed up for the course around the same time.

But how come only Blitz got called up? (If it is ITC, never get called up is the best...but not for free lessons..:))

Should be ICT...opps..

Originally posted by volk
Hi,

I guess Kevin, Blitz and I have signed up for the course around the same time.

But how come only Blitz got called up? (If it is ITC, never get called up is the best...but not for free lessons..:))

Well I got a letter from them though.

I think u're refering to ICT right? :D Already received liao and I'm going in in 2 weeks' time....sigh.... SIANZ!!!! ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.